1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sky Valet update

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Apr 14, 2005.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

kabert, I'm interested, but only if Sky Valet allows returns if the shoes don't fit.

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

What did you do that for? Â You could have waited for the 20% discount. Â [​IMG]
    Sky Valet allows returns for store credit only within 30 days of purchase.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

By the way, on Saturday, perhaps it was the intoxication of the beautiful spring day in DC, but I bought two pairs of Vass cap toes in the R Last (comparable to EG's 202 last), one an oxford in basic black and one a derby/blucher in oxblood. Â They are very comfortable so far. Â One thing I unmistakably notice is the curved (up/down) shape of the insole, which supports the arch. Â I think that feature is unique to Vass that I've seen. Â I really like 'em.... Â Since I was buying two pairs, the Sky Shoes guys were nice enough to include the gorgeous shoe trees for "free."
    What did you do that for? Â You could have waited for the 20% discount. Â [​IMG]
    Sky Valet allows returns for store credit only within 30 days of purchase.
    Let's just say Sky Valet and its proprietors have been "good to me" since I started taking shoes to them, and buying from them, about 2 years ago -- friendly, very generous and with superb workmanship. I don't know what SV's returns policy is or would be regarding Vass (incl. whether the policy would be altered if they gave a large discount for a group purchase).

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Understand, I'd simply want an exchange for the correct size, assuming I received a pair (or 2) that didn't fit and SV still had my size. Please ask about their return (exchange) policy for such a special deal when you're negotiating.
    Having said that, I've tried on a Euro 45 in the U-last and it's too small, so I'm pretty certain I'd wear a 46. But you never know about sizing for a different last....

5. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Pending a review of the styles in my size, I'd be interested in a pair. I wonder if we'll get enough people. Getting 30 (or even 20) confirmed orders for $650 shoes (even at 15% or 20% off) might be difficult (even though the quality of the shoes is superlative).

Regards,

Jeff

6. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

ditto

7. drljva

drljva Senior member

Certainly true in the bluchers they have on the Budapest last...