• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves @stevent @greasymonkey any word on the kudu leather characteristics? Love the look, but unsure on the feel and care.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know the difference between the normal Dainite vs the double Dainite? Is the actual rubber thicker or is a there a thicker leather sole under the Dainite?

Does anyone have pictures to show the difference?

This would be helpful to know more about the impending Kudu Thorpe!

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have 6 E. This GMTO a go. It seems a lot of people want speed, I personally prefer blind eyelets and I think NAMOR does too but it's not a sticking point. FYI, I heard someone say their speedhooks fell off their thorpes before. As far as lining is concerned, a couple people want green lining and everyone else is silent so I'm going to leave it open. I'm going to hand this over to @Skoaktiebolaget and let them take care of the rest. Thanks guys.

10800 sek ex VAT (1250 USD)

Kudu Thorpe GMTO

Material

Model

Tan Kudu
Thorpe
MH71
Storm welt
Double Dainite
All eyelets or Speed hooks - Open
Lining - Open

Interested Parties - Widths

@ironist - F - blind - Let GG pick Lining
@sacafotos - F -green
@Pbayvip - E- speed
@Namor - E - blind - green
@darkoak - E - speed
@ehult - E
@grc1 - E - green
@ikaika122 - E - speed - red or green
@aldenwear - F- red
So does anyone know the difference between the normal Dainite vs the double Dainite? Is the actual rubber thicker or is a there a thicker leather sole under the Dainite?

Also are we doing blind eyelets for the bottom and then speed hooks at the shaft part of the boot?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also are we doing blind eyelets for the bottom and then speed hooks at the shaft part of the boot?

Old photos of double vs single for EG. Not sure how G&G does it. Double is a bit too stiff for my liking though on a boot. On a shoe it feels fine

@Leaves @stevent @greasymonkey any word on the kudu leather characteristics? Love the look, but unsure on the feel and care.

What were you concerned about? I haven't gotten around to wearing them yet as all way too many shoes recently

Feel wise texture is stiff but leather feels soft / flexible.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What were you concerned about? I haven't gotten around to wearing them yet as all way too many shoes recently

Thanks for humoring me.

I just wanted to see how it feels, i am not sure if the kudu leather is on the stiff side (like hatch grain) or soft side (like highland grain). Also did not know if regular cream and polish could be used, or if a different care regimen was needed. Thanks for the help... :)

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick question re fitting of Carmina's Robert last vs. the Simpson last.

The simpson 9.5 UK fits my narrow feet well. But I want to pull the trigger on these split toe derbies on the Robert last:

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-tanned-derby

I have read some contradictory comments on the Robert last - some say it is a normal width, other claim it is slightly narrow. Any clarification would be appreciated.

AHS

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for humoring me.

I just wanted to see how it feels, i am not sure if the kudu leather is on the stiff side (like hatch grain) or soft side (like highland grain). Also did not know if regular cream and polish could be used, or if a different care regimen was needed. Thanks for the help... :)

Ah don't have hatch nor highland unfortunately. It doesn't feel stiff for me nor do I think it will need much break in if that helps. I think leather would take normal polish / wax fine

golfinz

Reaction score
A quick question re fitting of Carmina's Robert last vs. the Simpson last.

The simpson 9.5 UK fits my narrow feet well. But I want to pull the trigger on these split toe derbies on the Robert last:

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-tanned-derby

I have read some contradictory comments on the Robert last - some say it is a normal width, other claim it is slightly narrow. Any clarification would be appreciated.

AHS

I had a pair of Robert lasted oxfords for a few hours (returned them for personal reasons), but I found the Robert last to fit similar to Simpson in width. The biggest difference was the Robert last has significantly more arch support. I feel I can't call it a higher instep, because I only felt the different under the arch of my foot (I've got high arches so I actually liked this aspect of the Robert last). If I had flat feet, I would not find this to be very comfortable.

The Robert lasted oxford I had was a half size smaller than the simpson lasted oxford I own.

Pbayvip

Reaction score
Meanwhile, in a southern European city, a suspiciously reddish box has reached its destination:

Is somebody shipping bricks with FedEx?

Once opened, it looks better:

It's a box of goodies from Sweden!

And the star of the show:

Last edited:

emidyl

Reaction score
son of a *****, HOT.

Mine were still in a secondary stop with Sweden Post in a Malmo sorting station near a mickey D's and Tiger of Sweden LOL. CanPost could only wish for such detailed tracking services. Maybe end of week for us Canucks.

Paulus-paulis

Reaction score
Rain and Alcudia work with my instep where Simpson does not.

Between these 2, Rain would have the higher instep.

Have a look at the Rain. It's supposed to suit high insteps better (but also a tad more generous). However I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from Skoak so am only speaking from my research here. Am sure someone else would be able to assist more. Perhaps a bit of detail on what you are after or currently wearing?
Thank you guys!
Yes, Rain has a high instep. Forest is more of a normal instep. Other alternatives are Detroit (overall generous fit) and Soller as well as Inca. Please e-mail is for specific fitting advice.
Alright, i will probably swing by the store later this week.
Do you have any idea about when the next delivery of the EB MTO-shoes will arrive?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Old photos of double vs single for EG. Not sure how G&G does it. Double is a bit too stiff for my liking though on a boot. On a shoe it feels fine

Thanks and that helps a lot. So it is thicker leather and then the dainite applied. I can see what you mean by how stiff it would be but I can see it working well with the kudu leather and storm welt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads