• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Close, 4 E width and need ehults width and not sure if greasy is in.

If there are enough just in the E width than can anyone else of different widths, like my narrow, get in for the same price?

I'm interested but think that speed hooks at the top would be nice too!

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ishams and Thorpes are too close to have both right? Haha. Feeling left out.

Leaves - any word on the gmto button boots?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If there are enough just in the E width than can anyone else of different widths, like my narrow, get in for the same price?

I'm interested but think that speed hooks at the top would be nice too!

Yes, once we get one more in E Width the Thorpe I can hand this off to @Leaves and he'll probably ask you guys to email [email protected] with your size and width.

When we get the 6 confirmed Patrick will open up a pre-order GMTO link on the website for the Thorpe for 50% deposit (you pay shipping at purchase but it is deducted when you make the final payment). You can then specify your non E-width in the comment box and if you want shoe trees for 1440 SEK ex VAT extra.

You can tell I've done this a lot :D.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
out of curiosity, what was the cost of a single kudu mto from the previous run?

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

out of curiosity, what was the cost of a single kudu mto from the previous run?

10000 for Thorpe but sek was stronger then so around 75 less back then?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Leaves,

I note that you shoes go up to UK 12. Do you at some point intend to carry any UK 13 sizes in your regular stock? Thanks

They don't carry them in but can order them. They have done that for me in even larger sizes for EB and EG. As long as the shoemaker has a last, Skoak can order them as an MTO and possibly even in other ways depending on the style and brand.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, once we get one more in E Width the Thorpe I can hand this off to @Leaves and he'll probably ask you guys to email [email protected] with your size and width.

When we get the 6 confirmed Patrick will open up a pre-order GMTO link on the website for the Thorpe for 50% deposit (you pay shipping at purchase but it is deducted when you make the final payment). You can then specify your non E-width in the comment box and if you want shoe trees for 1440 SEK ex VAT extra.

You can tell I've done this a lot
biggrin.gif

Thanks and I know that it has been done many times, but I've never been a part of them due to my big size and narrow width. It has taken so long to really work out the specific sizes I need in each brand, but have been a "fun" experience. I think I am close for the width/size combo, but I can talk with the Skoak guys at that point, if this all works out.

So this is your plan, right:

Tan Kudu
Thorpe
MH71
Storm welt
Double Dainite
All eyelets or Speed hooks - Open
Lining - Open

I like the idea of the storm welt to add some bulk to the MH71, which seems like it will go well with the Tan Kudu!

What is the double Dainite vs the regular? Do you have any picture examples. Is the double really bulky?

Have you decided on all eyelets or with speed hooks? I think some speed hooks at the top could really make things easier, and since it is a more casual version of the Thorpe, they probably would look nicer as well.

What about the lining? Any thoughts on colors yet? I figured that since it is such a special leather, we might want some type of different lining. It doesn't need to be anything crazy, but would be nice to try something out. I'm open to anything on that part.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know, but I plan to find out what a single kudu MTO costs now...
peepwall[1].gif

Definitely let us know what single would cost to compare to the GMTO Thorpe.

Sotiris

Reaction score

Roger P is exactly right heavy wool fabrics with preferably some texture.  City suits would be a "no" unless you have six inches of snow and then it would be forgiven.

Yes, I've worn my CC Alderleys with heavy flannel suits on some stormy days. Mostly wear them like this though:

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Alderleys in Mahogany CC. I can see myself ordering the Rosewoods on top. I must be infected...

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Alderleys in Mahogany CC. I can see myself ordering the Rosewoods on top. I must be infected...

it sounds like the first sign of infection! I started to suspect the infection after buying a 2nd pair shortly after the first!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad