• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killer. Who's taking the photos though?

I am. Leaning forward and trying not to topple over and look (even more) ridiculous to the neighbors.
shog[1].gif

GoodTwillHuntin

Reaction score
Wow, that's sweet. I'd prefer it in bal boot form like the EG Shannon, but this is pretty close to the suede boot I've been looking for.

I don't see it on Skoak IG. Where did you get this pic?

It's a new release from today. It should still be in the store right now. I agree that it's my favorite new release of the day.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting - I have a dim recollection of seeing something like this before. Still don't know why the problem would present on this particular pair and not on the umpteen other shoes and boots that I regularly wear.  But I will give it a try - if it works, then it will be the easiest and cheapest fix of all.  Cheers.

Makes a huge difference! It's second nature to me now.

I love that Mahogany CC. The red undertones are freaking lovely. What are the specs of your Nevis MTO?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a new release from today. It should still be in the store right now. I agree that it's my favorite new release of the day.

It's been on the front page of their web site all day. Awesome boot. Tall boots are mostly three season wear for me, but I can see these getting use year round.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes a huge difference! It's second nature to me now.

I love that Mahogany CC. The red undertones are freaking lovely. What are the specs of your Nevis MTO?

Thanks - 606 last, Dainite, storm welt.

And yes, the Mahogany is at once beautiful, subtle and complex. It really can take on different looks in different light. Indoors it looks mostly medium brown. In the sunlight, though, there are wonderful hints of reds and orange.

orig.jpg

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ No idea - haven't actually seen polo in person yet - probably few have. Skoak's pics are usually pretty accurate for colour, though. While there is no way of knowing if the colour is presenting the same way on your monitor as it is on mine, what I see is generally what I get when I open the box.

heelguy

Reaction score

First outing for the Mahogany CC Nevis:

orig.jpg

Just superb out of the box comfort - it's not every boot you can unpack and wear for a full day with zero issues.  The day isn't over yet, but there is no doubt at all that my feet will feel great at the end of it all.

One downside - the laces are useless - it's like they are frictionless - you cinch things up nice and snucg, and within 5 minutes of walking they have loosened noticeably.  After 15 minutes they are all but undone.  Must have laced up 5 times already today.

Fortunately, this is an easy and inexpensive fix.  I'm sure I have second set Carmina laces that will work a treat.

Those are beautiful Roger. I got the Dover in Mahogany CC from Skoak and love them.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brannock: 8E (wide, high instep)
Rain: 7Uk (snug!), prefer 7.5 UK
MH71: 7F (perfect)
82: 7.5E (perfect)
202: 7.5E (perfect)

Generally speaking, you can equate a 7F to a 7.5E in terms of fit, so down in width, up half a size.

MH71 and Rain lasts are perfect fits for me. I size up on Rain and prefer to wear a thicker sock for something like a Chelsea boot, whose elastic might give some more wiggle room.

Excellent post right here. I'm thinking about going joining the Galway Preorder. So I'm a 9.5UK in Rain, and a 9F in other British brands like Alfred Sargent....I'm guessing I would need to order a 9F. Thanks for your insight.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent post right here. I'm thinking about going joining the Galway Preorder. So I'm a 9.5UK in Rain, and a 9F in other British brands like Alfred Sargent....I'm guessing I would need to order a 9F. Thanks for your insight.

Depends on your AS last, but maybe 9.5E? I wear 6F on almost all of AS' lasts (except the 99 which I size up to 6.5F); I wear 6.5/7E on all my EG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads