• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Deets on my Bonafe MTO.

I figured the combination of the good exchange rate and the waiver of the 15% MTO fee made this a "do it now" proposition.

Instead of a staple like a suede chukka, I decided to use the MTO opportunity to get something I have wanted for a while but struggle to find available in RTW offerings: a blue balmoral boot.

I get so much wear out of my two pairs of blue dress shoes, that a blue bal boot would be a useful addition to the rotation. The starting point is this same model
Bonafe boot that Watchman chose:
orig.jpg

And the goal is to get something along the lines of these EG Shannons:

medium800.jpg
orig.jpg

And to that end, I selected #11. Vitello Bleu for the upper, with a request for heavy antiquing:

orig.jpg

And #15 Hidro Oceano (suede) for the shaft:

orig.jpg

4 speed hooks to replace the topmost visible eyelets, double leather sole with metal toe taps and a "Derby" medallion round out the trim details. Boots will be built on the 363 Mod last.

Had to restrain myself to order one pair only, as there is a second design really calling my name.
I think these will look pretty bad ass :) Grats.
I also did an EB MTO using the blue vitello. Figured it was time to get me a pair of blue shoes.

63AMG

Reaction score
Just paid my depost for EB Balmoral boots!

I chose this model (3540):

on this last (946):

in all Bracken musuem calf:

With following specs:

Model 3540 balmoral boot on 946 last
Delete cap toe
Add medallion 'Cat' (Go big or go home!)
4 eyelets + 4 speed hooks in brass
Hand-welted 270 degrees
Single leather sole
Beveled waist
Purple sock liner
Custom insole inscription

Thanks to they guys at Skoak for their amazingly responsive customer service and to all you StyleForum guys for inspiration.
The wait begins!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just paid my depost for EB Balmoral boots! 

I chose this model
[/URL]

in all Bracken musuem calf:

With following specs:

Model 3540 balmoral boot on 946 last
Delete cap toe
Add medallion 'Cat' (Go big or go home!)
4 eyelets + 4 speed hooks in brass
Hand-welted 270 degrees
Single leather sole
Beveled waist
Purple sock liner
Custom insole inscription

Thanks to they guys at Skoak for their amazingly responsive customer service and to all you StyleForum guys for inspiration.
The wait begins!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

FYI, the last photo is not bracken. It is a set Crispin model and thinking back that might be closer to dark brown then bracken.

63AMG

Reaction score

FYI, the last photo is not bracken. It is a set Crispin model and thinking back that might be closer to dark brown then bracken.

Thanks for the info. I thought it looked a little different than the swatch. It was the first pic I found so in my excitement I didn't check too hard before posting.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After getting the runaround yesterday and over the phone today, I decide to try my local postoffice again after work. Success:

Some EG goodness, finally:

They look great, even if the Doak is the new darker variation (a bit darker than my Hoves really).

Thanks to Skoak for the great service, I'll be placing my next EG order soon... :slayer:

Last edited:

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JS
Congrats on the shoes (and the success with the PO)
Headed to your part of the world tomorrow for a little birthday trip, BTW. Hope the nice weather holds.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JS
Congrats on the shoes (and the success with the PO)
Headed to your part of the world tomorrow for a little birthday trip, BTW. Hope the nice weather holds.

Thanks, and the weather is fantastic, you'll be just fine...

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerP

Bad ass!

Is that model 3540? The same as the black/grey suede bal boot?

I'm digging blue, but I can't wear it casually (with denim). I think something like Etrusco or Aubergine is my best bet.

Love that MTO. Can't wait for pics.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JubeiSpiegel -

Nice new shoes. I like the "new" dark oak! I think EG strives to be more consistent with this key color. Enjoy the double monks.
Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads