• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

urban

Reaction score
I like where this is going. On 946 last? Anybody else interested to join? Bonafe needs only three participants for GMTO...

Sounds ok. I have an Enzo GMTO on the way but that is my first. I am okay to go with 946.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a shame now that the Carmina US site is live that the prices have been "adjusted".
It is approximately a 20% increase in cost to me.
The new US site has been discussed for over a month now in this thread. While there is a price increase, the new prices also include shipping and customs fees. The price increase is minor blah, blah, blah. Please read the thread...

yanagi

Reaction score

Its a shame now that the Carmina US site is live that the prices have been "adjusted".
It is approximately a 20% increase in cost to me.

Another way to look at it is Enzo Bonafe used to be ~54% more expensive than Carmina. Now they are 17% more expensive. :D

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new US site has been discussed for over a month now in this thread. While there is a price increase, the new prices also include shipping and customs fees. The price increase is minor blah, blah, blah. Please read the thread...

Another way to look at it is Enzo Bonafe used to be ~54% more expensive than Carmina. Now they are 17% more expensive.
biggrin.gif
Apologies, this was a faux pas on my part.
I was referring to the Carmina ecommerce site, not Skoak.
This post was also meant for the Carmina thread.
I am extremely familiar with the discussion in this thread on the global economy and not shorting the US retailers, etc etc... Yawn.
The Skoak guys are rightly doing what they are told by their supplier.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
It is approximately a 20% increase in cost to me.

Please read his post. He specifically mentioned the Carmina US site.

Edit: Wait....Skoak now has a US site and now everything is more expensive??

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please read his post. He specifically mentioned the Carmina US site.

Edit: Wait....Skoak now has a US site and now everything is more expensive??
Agreed. My initial thought was to cringe at the pricing hike, but it is exceedingly reasonable once actually analyzed.

harki

Reaction score
Greetings! I noticed that the MTO Gaziano and Girling Walkton in Rosewood Kudu and Vintage Cherry is no longer on the website - are we a go for these?
(Please say yes
smile.gif
)
I emailed Skoak this weekend with the exact same question. And the answer was Yes. Order has been sent to G&G. Delivery in 4 to 5 months. Life's good!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Leaves
 In reference to the EB burgundy beauty preorder, do most people take the same size in that 946 last as Carmina's rain? Any comment on the 946's instep compared to rain? Also, is a metal toe tap an option on those? Thank you!

Yes, that's the standard conversion. My own experience:

946, 7.5F (std width): fits great, tad tight in toe box...prefer 7G

Rain, 7.5EE (std width): width is good, shoe is a bit long...prefer 7EEE

My foot: wide and high instep

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, that's the standard conversion. My own experience:

946, 7.5F (std width): fits great, tad tight in toe box...prefer 7G

Rain, 7.5EE (std width): width is good, shoe is a bit long...prefer 7EEE

My foot: wide and high instep

Hope this is true :) excited about my whole cut Chelsea boot EB picked same size as rain last now have to go to fed ex to pick them up

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I emailed Skoak this weekend with the exact same question. And the answer was Yes. Order has been sent to G&G. Delivery in 4 to 5 months. Life's good!

Thanks for the confirmation, harki! My feet will be quite colorful in time for spring :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt