• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing of urban outfitters cheng plimsol

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Nike? vans? adidas? and how should the styling be and what are the no-nos . thank you nothing too loud, low profile sneaker, nothing clunky at all, nothing with rainbow colors

i have a Certo sneaker i picked up from Lance last year that is a turquoise blue with a sandy grey leather detail on it. it seems low profile enough, but not sure if the turquoise is not recommended color.
it actually in my judgment works ok with certain jeans.

i just mentioned 'sneaker head' because i just overheard that term and thought they were the de facto group certifying the coolness of what shoes to wear in the street! my bad

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
These are just the ones they sell in nyc chinatown right? I like how they advertise "imported".

that's exactly what they are, cheng's makes a decent selection of off-brand plimsolls, and you can buy them in chinatown for much cheaper than uo is selling them. you can see a bunch here: http://www.chengsusa.com/

heavy D

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here. The reason these shoes fit small is because they're sized for women. I've been looking for cheap plimsolls and saw these on the site, and ran down to my nearest Urban Outfitters to check 'em out. Saw a pair of 11s, tried em on- way too tight. Found a pair of 12s, well I could get them on my feet, but they looked ridiculous. I then took them off and put them back to back with the Nikes I was wearing- at least a 1/2" shorter in length, and much slimmer in width as well.

So my conclusion is they're simply cut for ladies. Generally a US women's size is two up from a man's (so 10 in men's would be a 12 in women's). Plus if you walk over to the ladies section you'll see the exact same shoe (in many different colors). On the site the men's have metal eyelets but the women's have white, leading me to think they were different, but in the store they're exactly the same.

I guess if they went up to 13 or 14 I'd be cool, but they only go to 12. What I really want is the Keds Champions but don't want to drop $50 on them....

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heavy D
What I really want is the Keds Champions but don't want to drop $50 on them....

Yo?!

heavy D

Reaction score
I'd love to snag those, but they're women's. Women's have 4 eyelets and men's have 5. Damn women's versions are always cheaper, too. And I'd probably would get a pair of women's, but they don't make them big enough...

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's what you're asking for, but lately I've been pretty fond of Asics Onitsuka Tiger shoes for low profile and light-weight. I wear a pair of black Runsparks (gold trim) that are starting to get beat up, after a year of walking. There are some really loud versions of their shoes, but there are also some understated ones that might fit your needs.

hi-val

Reaction score
I got a pair of these awhile ago. Bad: -there's no arch support whatsoever -they smell like latex rubber and that'll never go away good: -cheap -easy to throw in the washer to keep clean -every time I wear them, a woman compliments me on them. They're really low-profile, not-fancy shoes. Don't walk more than a mile in them or they'll get dirty and hurt your feet, but they do have some pretty clean lines. I guess I don't regret buying them, but they're not as good as I thought they'd be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads