• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silk Necklaces for men and women/ collar tips, and pocket triangles by Eric Glennie

eric glennie

Reaction score
Silk necklaces for men and women is a unique idea at the neckline challenging neckties for men and necklaces for women. .
---For men, the silk necklace is another choice at the neckline. a casual alternative to a necktie to add a splash of color to the wardrobe and not as bulky as an ascot.
--- the silk necklace could be their future " necktie" for women. Made of silk in a wide variety of styles and colors to match any wardrobe. The combinations are endless.

Check out the Pocket Triangles. Have you ever seen anything like this? The triangle is rimmed with color.
Please view my website www.ericglennie.com under silk necklaces to see the variety of looks and styles. thanks Eric.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Sorry Eric you're a few seasons behind Miuccia. Mrs. Prada already did something similar in the early 00s.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omg...

graf

Reaction score
something "already having been done" has never kept an imaginative person with good marketing skills from selling it to the public as new anyways.

Persistence and marketing always wins.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Check out the Pocket Triangles. Have you ever seen anything like this?

Yes, for I have several neckties, and sometimes I look at the big pointy ends.

graf

Reaction score
Eric i think you've got something with this one...

600_ties_2007_108.jpg

I also think you should try to market your badge ribbon thingies to thinkgeek.com.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Sorry Eric you're a few seasons behind Miuccia. Mrs. Prada already did something similar in the early 00s.

So cal! I am not a student of fashion nor study the work of other designers. I just wing it and put out something I see as unique. I dont intend to copy anyone. But, You can see that I do think like some of the great designers in the world. These ideas come straight from my spirit. Thanks for the info. eric.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So cal! I am not a student of fashion nor study the work of other designers. I just wing it and put out something I see as unique. I dont intend to copy anyone.
I know the answer to this already but I will ask the question anyway. If you dont study the work of other designers...How on earth can you maintain as you have that you are the best designer there is or will be in the past 100/next 100 years?

Roland Loden of Germany

Reaction score
Eric,

At first glaze I was not so receptive to your innovations and I will not admit that any could be acquainted with my style criteria but I must give you credit for your courage to speak against the old pillars of fashion but with a warning! Beware if these pillars topple that you are not caught underneath as many have been the unwilling casualities of the regime changes which they have supported. If the history of our civilization was condensed on a single page I believe this sentiment would be expressed in the last few words of the final sentence.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
I know the answer to this already but I will ask the question anyway.

If you dont study the work of other designers...How on earth can you maintain as you have that you are the best designer there is or will be in the past 100/next 100 years?

I just simply said I am the most INNOVATIVE "menswear" designer you may have seen in the past 100/next100 years. Yes/No. I am very interested on who you think has a greater fashion vision than EG in the history of menswear fashion.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just simply said I am the most INNOVATIVE "menswear" designer you may have seen in the past 100/next100 years. Yes/No. I am very interested on who you think has a greater fashion vision than EG in the history of menswear fashion.
Again...I repeat my question as you seem to be having a hard time with this. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE DESIGNERS ARE DOING SINCE YOU DO NOT STUDY THEM HOW CAN YOU CLAIM YOU ARE THE MOST INNOVATIVE? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING. THIS IS SORT OF LIKE WHAT CLINT EASTWOOD SAID IN ONE OF HIS FILMS... YOU ARE A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND...

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Again...I repeat my question as you seem to be having a hard time with this.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE DESIGNERS ARE DOING SINCE YOU DO NOT STUDY THEM HOW CAN YOU CLAIM YOU ARE THE MOST INNOVATIVE?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING.

THIS IS SORT OF LIKE WHAT CLINT EASTWOOD SAID IN ONE OF HIS FILMS...

YOU ARE A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND...

Jonathan! I am not having a hard time with your statement. I am just waiting for you to knock me off my pedestal.

I made my statement there isnt a more innovative menswear designer and showed you my work, so I am waiting for you or anyone else to knock me off my high horse. I am brash and a little errogant, but I have to be to keep banging heads with you and traditional menswear. Jonathan and So cal are men of fashion. Shut me up and show me who in menswear is in my league of challenging menswear. I made my claim and you have to rebute.

I dont want to know what other designers are doing. Knowlege of what others are doing might taint my creativity and suck me into the conformity of traditional menswear.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I would say these styles are new. Liberace, Elton John, and pimps in Harlem have been pulling off these looks for years.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jonathan! I am not having a hard time with your statement. I am just waiting for you to knock me off my pedestal. I made my statement there isnt a more innovative menswear designer and showed you my work, so I am waiting for you or anyone else to knock me off my high horse. I am brash and a little errogant, but I have to be to keep banging heads with you and traditional menswear. Jonathan and So cal are men of fashion. Shut me up and show me who in menswear is in my league of challenging menswear. I made my claim and you have to rebute. I dont want to know what other designers are doing. Knowlege of what others are doing might taint my creativity and suck me into the conformity of traditional menswear.
Well I proclaim myself as more innovative than you and anyone else in menswear. So there. And be careful when you finally fall off your pedestal. Small puppies have been known to injure their paws at such height. Edit: btw, haven't this same thread been locked in AAAC by Andy himself?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads