• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silk Boxers

seesee

Reaction score
anyone here wear silk boxers?

if so what brand do you recommend ?

A link would be greatly appreciated too

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Silk boxer shorts are amongst those things that sound a lot better than they are.

They're hot, they don't breathe well, they don't stretch with your body and tend to stick, especially since they retain heat and sweat. And though I confess I was about 16-18 when I last wore them regularly and was therefore on a hair trigger, they did have a tendency to induce more erections than is polite.

And then they're difficult to care for and not particularly durable either. Maybe for a special date night in the winter, but otherwise I've learned to steer well clear.

JPYPSU07

Reaction score
Silk is known for its heat retention qualities. Some old guy told me Genghis Khan was the first to implement silk undergarments as thermals - he's crazy though so who knows it it is true. I used to wear them when I would wear my kilt in the winter and St. Patricks day to keep the boys warm. Its almost unbearable to wear them under pants. Stick to shirting material and save your sperm count!

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Silk boxer shorts are amongst those things that sound a lot better than they are.

They're hot, they don't breathe well, they don't stretch with your body and tend to stick, especially since they retain heat and sweat. And though I confess I was about 16-18 when I last wore them regularly and was therefore on a hair trigger, they did have a tendency to induce more erections than is polite.

And then they're difficult to care for and not particularly durable either. Maybe for a special date night in the winter, but otherwise I've learned to steer well clear.

This actually sounds like a good thing.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I hate silk boxers.

Every single pair I've ever owned would work their way up so my frank and beans would be dangling from the leg opening. Incredibly annoying, especially when you were not in a time or place that was suitable for fixing the problem.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started with Sulka silk boxers....upon their demise I moved on to T&A (not much good to say about that joint) ......now I'm happy with Charvet.

About silk shorts: Don't wear them when the Dew Point tops 60.
wink.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I only sleep in them, or at least used to years ago. I didn't think they were raelly very mainstream nowadays...

seesee

Reaction score
looks like there are many negative comments about silk boxers, maybe I should drop the idea and stick with my CK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads