• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rookoobay

Reaction score
honestly think I hate them and decided they just aren't for me no matter the deal (the only reason I was re-considering)

Beedub

Reaction score
I like the idea far more than the reality- the pockets create a silhouette that just doesn’t seem to work for me.

alain

Reaction score
idk the simple idea of FA pants that are not made off olive riptstop is too much for my little brain
im a simple man

Beedub

Reaction score
I mean, I don’t hate them but I’ve found that I struggle to pair them with anything other than very plain tops. Plus, once I’m done putting together an outfit with the FAs, I look in the mirror and feel a little underwhelmed and when you’re wearing £400 trousers, you probably shouldn’t feel underwhelmed.

TRUNKZ

Reaction score
I recently got a pair of them in a camo colorway so probably a bit different, but I couldn’t imagine wearing anything but a plain top with them in order to let the pants be the main point of the fit

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
I mean, I don’t hate them but I’ve found that I struggle to pair them with anything other than very plain tops. Plus, once I’m done putting together an outfit with the FAs, I look in the mirror and feel a little underwhelmed and when you’re wearing £400 trousers, you probably shouldn’t feel underwhelmed.
23E11503-57E5-4303-BC1D-6B4EF177B3B9.jpeg

I think the front pocket placement requires a longer jacket to hit right at the top. a shorter cropped jacket makes it look like im stretched out.

Beedub

Reaction score
View attachment 2080735

I think the front pocket placement requires a longer jacket to hit right at the top. a shorter cropped jacket makes it look like im stretched out.
I think this combo is fine, the FAs in ripstop are less in your face than the cord. I think my issue is more with the fabric of mine, the large wale, combined with the sand colour of the cord makes them feel a bit frumpy. I just get a turdy-90s-music-festival-clothes vibe from them (in a bad way). The more I talk about them, the more I put myself off them!

Mdooz

Reaction score
Hey folks. I need some help with Bedford sizing. I remember buying a medium in cotton herringbone back in 2020, and it felt too big on me. I measured a jacket that fits me pretty well and got the following measurements:

shoulders
50.5 cm 19.88"

length
75 cm 29.52"

sleeve (outer measurement)
58.5 cm 23.03"

pit to pit
54 cm 21.26"

I'm getting conflicting choices between small and medium based on which stockists size chart I look at. I don't live in a place where I can try them on either, and the moleskin bedford that I'm looking at is final sale. Also, I'm 5'10" and 165lb.

I'm sorry, I know that you all probably get asked this all the time. Any advice is much appreciated!

blackcheer

Reaction score
Hey folks. I need some help with Bedford sizing. I remember buying a medium in cotton herringbone back in 2020, and it felt too big on me. I measured a jacket that fits me pretty well and got the following measurements:

shoulders
50.5 cm 19.88"

length
75 cm 29.52"

sleeve (outer measurement)
58.5 cm 23.03"

pit to pit
54 cm 21.26"

I'm getting conflicting choices between small and medium based on which stockists size chart I look at. I don't live in a place where I can try them on either, and the moleskin bedford that I'm looking at is final sale. Also, I'm 5'10" and 165lb.

I'm sorry, I know that you all probably get asked this all the time. Any advice is much appreciated!
Buy both, return one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads