• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Samir I have received several packages from Japan in the past few months so I don’t think they are being honest with you. A lot of the US eBay sellers located in Japan are reposting listings from Japanese resale sites - typically at a markup. I would suspect that these pants probably sold on whatever site they were originally listed on and that the eBay seller only realized that when you went to order them and had to feed you a BS excuse as to why they had to cancel.

blackcheer

Reaction score
Could be someone flipping an item direct from mercari, etc.

But standard shipping and EMS are not always available for me from Japan to Canada, when using proxies such as zenmarket. So could a be legit reason

After a long search for the FW14 Ghurka pants in brown Homespun, finally found a pair in my size from a Japanese store on eBay. My order was just canceled as "Japan Post has stopped accepting packages overseas due to COVID-19." I can't find anything to verify this but what a bummer!

Samir

Reaction score
That’s BS for sure. I was able to send something via Japan Post EMS to NYC last month. Had to fill up all the forms electronically and get it printed at the post office though.
@Samir I have received several packages from Japan in the past few months so I don’t think they are being honest with you. A lot of the US eBay sellers located in Japan are reposting listings from Japanese resale sites - typically at a markup. I would suspect that these pants probably sold on whatever site they were originally listed on and that the eBay seller only realized that when you went to order them and had to feed you a BS excuse as to why they had to cancel.
Could be someone flipping an item direct from mercari, etc.

But standard shipping and EMS are not always available for me from Japan to Canada, when using proxies such as zenmarket. So could a be legit reason
Thanks for the input, all. My first instinct was that it was a repost of someone else's item but I couldn't find it on Y!J/Mercari and he was able to provide specific measurements upon request, so I hoped it was legit. I messaged him asking for any alternative methods but don't have high hopes that I'll back. The search for a size 30 continues!

matic

Reaction score
EMS has in fact been suspended for most of the last 3 years during the pandemic, it might have been reinstated recently but maybe not all are aware

blackcheer

Reaction score
Got a sneak peek of the FW23 lookbook this weekend. If you like FW21, you'll like FW23. It seems to be a sequel of sorts. Similar colours, fabrics, patterns, prints, even the same salmon-pink backdrop in the lookbook. A main difference between the two seasons is the selection of pieces. Lots of new styles! And so many types of vests! The common critique of the past few seasons remains: lots of faux materials. And my personal gripes are the disappearance of the highland parka after its short return for SS23, and the lack of overalls, at least in the lookbook.

Last edited:

illiterate

Reaction score
Got a sneak peek of the FW23 lookbook this weekend. If you like FW21, you'll like FW23. It seems to be a sequel of sorts, from similar colours and fabrics to prints and even salmon-pink backdrop. The main difference between the two seasons is the choice of pieces. Lots of new styles! And so many types of vests! The common critique of the past few seasons remains: lots of faux materials. And my personal gripes are the disappearance of the highland parka after its short return for SS22, and the lack of overalls, at least in the lookbook.
Looking forward to this & the new styles. I thought FW21 was decent. Also, isn't the highland parka back for SS23?

Phullyman

Reaction score
Interliner and fatigue shirt

4BD08F48-7181-46C0-BCC2-93642CBCFFF3.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads