• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ConcreteFiction

Reaction score

I've always refrained from posting pics, and mainly lurked, but I love this thread so figured I'd give it a whirl.
FW14 Floral Chambray BD
Angler shirt, I think, but not sure of the season.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That floral chambray is one of my fav shirts man. Not sure if I've posted a fit of it before.. Goes so well w the rest of the fw14 stuff.

J BAILEY

Reaction score
apologies for disrupting the fit pics, but since this is the closest thing to a general-purpose EG thread i figured it would be the best place to ask: does anyone happen to have measurements (or sizing advice) for some older bedfords, specifically the black unlined wool and black cotton whipcord versions from F/W '10? gonna post a WTB but i'd like to at least know what size i'm looking for first. for reference i'm 6'1", ~140 lbs, usually wear a slim 48. any help would be great!

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@J BAILEY see my sales thread for measurements on an older whipcord bedford in size small.

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the chevron jacquard andover from the same season (fw10), pretty nice fabric, medium weight blend with a decent drape, they're fully lined in black cotton btw

Last edited:

ramdomthought

Reaction score
got the tux from bureau just in time to go get a beer with my sister for her birthday

fw14 black velvet tux
ss14 white oxford 19th century button down

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tux looks good.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posts from WAYWT this weekend:

AW14 Bedford and Diamond Knit vest, black 80's shirt and E1 previous season.

AW14 shawl and AW14 Green Bedford (kindly proxied by Mike). rest WWM/Universal works, Cane Rod Maker, Trickers

ramdomthought

Reaction score
That first is great, that second is absolutely outstanding @ManofKent

Beginning with the rise of the pants and how it hits at just the right spot on the bedford. The shade and depth of color on the pants and colors as a whole all the way through the way you wear the shawl, really well put together and worn :slayer:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do FWK garments have different tags? wondering if this is an xs or an fwk piece (no size listed)

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w116884300

also, just received the quilted andover. so friggin happy it isn't as bulky as I had feared (I bought it before I realized it was "quilted" :embar:). quilting details are cool though, poly fill, wool herringbone texture. maybe i'll post fit pics later this week. think i'm going to like it though. thing also looks brand new...i don't know what the japanese do with their clothing, but it doesn't isn't wear it.

Last edited:

VitaTimH

Reaction score

do FWK garments have different tags? wondering if this is an xs or an fwk piece (no size listed)

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w116884300

also, just received the quilted andover. so friggin happy it isn't as bulky as I had feared (I bought it before I realized it was "quilted" :embar:). quilting details are cool though, poly fill, wool herringbone texture. maybe i'll post fit pics later this week. think i'm going to like it though. thing also looks brand new...i don't know what the japanese do with their clothing, but it doesn't isn't wear it.

Japanese people: "removed item from packaging, condition 4/10 do not buy if nervous"

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
NYC is cold!

Floral reversible coat, blue blue japan sashiko hunting jacket, long bush shirt, blue blue japan sashiko pants and alden

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads