• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

should i wear a suit everyday?

Exodusex

Reaction score
It's OK to wear like once as a joke I guess, just not causally. I go to a prep schools, so once a month we get to dress down. As a joke, I dress up. No one cares, I get compliments. I guess it just matters how your school is and how often you'd do it. So baseline, don't do it too much, and you have my "Go".:slayer:

traverscao

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I advocate the free will in dressing. This is a country all about freedom. You're not sagging your trousers (unless you're wearing low rise trousers, I'd certainly hurt you by saying "Dude, did you **** your pants early this morning?"), you're not naked, and as long as you stay friendly to anybody and everybody, you're not discriminating anyone. Therefore,

Seamless

Reaction score
I wore a suit to high schoo. I had a audition for a scholarship in a music program. I would skip the suit, then again, I had a Mohawk for 3 years in HS.

RMRS01

Reaction score
I would say you can still dress sharp even when you're not wearing a suit everyday. A simple upgrade to your style from shirt and jeans - you can wear a polo shirt, chinos and loafers. I would say take advantage of your age and experiment with different styles that work for you but stick to timeless and classy style

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on people, this thread was started in 2009 and OP has not made another post since, let this thread die already.

Seamless

Reaction score

Come on people, this thread was started in 2009 and OP has not made another post since, let this thread die already.

ickda

Reaction score
I would say yes, the nay sayers are poor men. A suit is life, and the only thing wear. I even dressed up for school my self.
Look smart and never dress down, for there is a suit for all occasions.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say yes, the nay sayers are poor men. A suit is life, and the only thing  wear. I even dressed up for school my self. 

Look smart and never dress down, for there is a suit for all occasions.

Even when I'm fertilizing the lawn or mucking out my fishpond? Please advise, this would be cool! Even in my normal, knockabout day wear, I am not infrequently asked if I am going on a date (at my age!) or to a wedding or something like that. Wearing a suit for mundane and grubby chores would be taking my natural inclination to foppery a quantum step further.

However, it now occurs to me that there is a kind of suit that would be perfect for working in the fishpond: a wetsuit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics