• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I return these shoes? Opinions needed.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
I just recently bought a pair of Sutor Mantellassi's from STP and I want some opinions on whether or not I should return them. I really like the shoes. They fit well and I like the reverse stitching detail but there is a pretty bad scratch on one of the shoes. I have not polished them (as made obviously by the pictures) but do you think I can get the scratch out?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it's a big deal,you should be able to polish them,wax them a few times and they won't be noticeable.I'd keep.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
I just recently bought a pair of Sutor Mantellassi's from STP and I want some opinions on whether or not I should return them. I really like the shoes. They fit well and I like the reverse stitching detail but there is a pretty bad scratch on one of the shoes. I have not polished them (as made obviously by the pictures) but do you think I can get the scratch out?

Call STP and tell them about the scratch, they will likely work with you for a further discount. Did they come with trees?

Regards.

FromCAtoCO

Reaction score
If you were asking about style I would say lose em, but if you like them then definetely keep. Call them they may give you a discount

SirWilliam

Reaction score
They came with those crappy plastic ones...which is guess will be good for travel...I am going to have to go buy more cedar ones.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will trade you a pair of nice cedar ones for those if you want
smile.gif

They came with those crappy plastic ones...which is guess will be good for travel...I am going to have to go buy more cedar ones.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are sutor shoes any good?They have couple of models I like,but how's the quality?

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FromCAtoCO
If you were asking about style I would say lose em, but if you like them then definetely keep. Call them they may give you a discount

I like the way they look but I certainly do wonder about how long they will stay in style. Is $600 too much for a shoe that is not classic in style? What would you say is wrong with the style? I do not think they are too unconservative.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the way they look but I certainly do wonder about how long they will stay in style. Is $600 too much for a shoe that is not classic in style? What would you say is wrong with the style? I do not think they are too unconservative.

The surgical scar. However, if you like reverse stitching then ignore me. Anyway, the scratch appears minor and is something that is likely to happn with normal wear. Just the other day a ********* stepped on my shoes on the subway.
angry.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
The surgical scar. However, if you like reverse stitching then ignore me. Anyway, the scratch appears minor and is something that is likely to happn with normal wear. Just the other day say ********* stepped on my shoes on ths subway.
angry.gif

I'd ******* stab her.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads