• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
can't get over the pocket shape on those big john jackets
frown.gif

Yeah those ones posted in this thread from Rakuten are pretty hideous, not gonna lie. The collar is bad too, and the contrast stitching has got to go. They must be some sort of 70's inspired version or something, I can't really tell but even the denim color is very 70's.

This is ours:

Has side entry pockets as well that you can sort of see

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks a lot nicer, will keep my eye out.

as far as my personal decision, i'm going to get the olive eg piece i posted if it's still available next week when i get paid. putting a deposit down on an apartment in boston has put an unexpected burden on my bank account.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Yeah those ones posted in this thread from Rakuten are pretty hideous, not gonna lie. The collar is bad too, and the contrast stitching has got to go. They must be some sort of 70's inspired version or something, I can't really tell but even the denim color is very 70's. This is ours:
Has side entry pockets as well that you can sort of see
Looks so much cleaner. Ok, so I've been playing randomyooxroulette trying to find a grey or dark grey mid-weight scarf. I'm not looking for light and gauzy, but not a winter scarf either. The problem is that I've found three that I actually like and I can't decide which to keep. I've toyed with the idea of keeping all three. :embar: 1. Isabel Benenato, linen:
2. UN-IT-Y, cotton:
3. TS(S), cotton:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if keeping all three won't 'break the bank', keep all three.

worst case scenario is you tie them together to escape your burning apartment

edit: that said, my favorite is the un-it-y with the ts(s) in second. charcoal scarves like the IB have a larger chance of looking dull

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I would say TS(S) > UN-IT-Y > Benenato, but prefer the edges on the UN-IT-Y to the ones on the TS(S)

if keeping all three won't 'break the bank', keep all three.

worst case scenario is you tie them together to escape your burning apartment

edit: that said, my favorite is the un-it-y with the ts(s) in second. charcoal scarves like the IB have a larger chance of looking dull

Interesting...I was actually thinking ts(s) > IB > UN-IT-Y. The IB scarf has a nice weight and texture to it that doesn't come across in photos. Also, it was really windy on my roof deck, and the UN-IT-Y got blown all over the place while the IB stood its ground a little better.

varatep

Reaction score
Newb to fashion - Should I get clarks desert boots beeswax first or sperry topsiders sahara first?
i.e. which is more versatile for the spring/summer that would match with lots? I usually wear long pants but will most likely be getting a few shorts for the summer. I will definitely get both, but for the time being, which first?!

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newb to fashion - Should I get clarks desert boots beeswax first or sperry topsiders sahara first?
i.e. which is more versatile for the spring/summer that would match with lots? I usually wear long pants but will most likely be getting a few shorts for the summer. I will definitely get both, but for the time being, which first?!

Little more info - how old are you? Do you wear jeans or pants? Do you own a boat?

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If he gets the boat shoes he would need a polo, or actually, lots of them.

varatep

Reaction score
20 yrs old in college mostly wear jeans. just got a pair of docker pants but looking to get a pair of chinos. dont own a boat sadly :(.
Little more info - how old are you? Do you wear jeans or pants? Do you own a boat?

was thinking about picking up a few polo's from gap or etc other stores for the summer/spring
If he gets the boat shoes he would need a polo, or actually, lots of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads