• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jtwo

Reaction score
Thoughts on this cashmere William Lockie cardigan?
vestis_2624.jpg

iv4me

Reaction score
I'd like to buy a hoodie, primarily for layering with different leather / suede jackets (ysl l01, couple ysl teddy jackets, couple margiela 5 zips), and deciding between these two reigning champ sweatshirts. What do you guys think of the scooped hem versus the more typical straight hem? I love the concept of the scooped hem and think it will be nice to see it stick out a bit more from the leather jacket, but worry that it will look too street/juvenile.

1600558101737.png
1600558135926.png

example of look:

1600558660699.png

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to buy a hoodie, primarily for layering with different leather / suede jackets (ysl l01, couple ysl teddy jackets, couple margiela 5 zips), and deciding between these two reigning champ sweatshirts. What do you guys think of the scooped hem versus the more typical straight hem? I love the concept of the scooped hem and think it will be nice to see it stick out a bit more from the leather jacket, but worry that it will look too street/juvenile.

View attachment 1461724 View attachment 1461725

example of look:

View attachment 1461726
Personally I don’t like the scooped hem, it reminds me of what my bodybuilder friends consider fashionable.

Kalec

Reaction score
Thought on Norwegian rain Rive Gauche?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this cashmere William Lockie cardigan? View attachment 1461470

You might check Frans Boone as they have special makeups with measurements to their spec which tend to be a little slimmer than standard Lockie as I understand it. I have several, including a cashmere cardigan.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's all just friendly ribbing, which is fun if the person is into it, but obviously not fun if the person isn't. Unless the person is annoying or an asshole, in which case it's very much fun when they're not into it. But Komuga obvs isn't one of those people.

Anyway, sounds like a big misunderstanding and everyone should hug it out.

I once posted a WAYWT and have never recovered.

Nnicnic

Reaction score
Anyone owns Bryceland's jeans? Love everything about it but the price is quite steep... Or are there any brands that offer a similar cut to these?
Screenshot_20200921-161844.jpg

Last edited:

withbluejeans

Reaction score
Really like this chore coat but having a hard time imagining what to pair it with. Any ideas?

Also, anyone familiar with Older Brother sizing? The L has a 48" chest circumference which seems really big, not sure if that's typical!

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 8.39.11 AM.png

MeatFish

Reaction score
I think
Thoughts on these guys? Have been feeling something Thuya-ish, and liked these when I saw them on Namu's instagram this morning.

View attachment 1463261

In an outfit:

For that look, I think ERKN's tyroleans would be a better option. Don't really dig the whole-cut nst apron toe oxford amalgam
DSCF9367.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads