• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All these patchwork jeans and pants are pretty ugly so this argument is a non starter. They can be tastefully done but these aren't it.

@Patek Those shirts suck. Based on your latest WAYWT would look out of place in your wardrobe I think. But who cares what I think. Buy it and get a pic up, I'm in for a good chuckle.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these patchwork jeans and pants are pretty ugly so this argument is a non starter.
Your loss!

And for the record, I really like Cottle stuff and if someone gave some to me, or I could get it at, say, 1/3 of the original price, I would certainly be wearing it.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work with a guy that cut his own hair...
We called him "Patches"

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. Those kimono shirts r bad
Man, you guys poo-pood all over my experimental kimono phase. I'm obviously bored and looking at stuff. I did grab the patchwork BDU pants and they hearken back for my military days and no one took a crap on them and they seem pretty safe (I would blouse them). I also got a safe PBJ chambray work shirt while I was on the Okayama Denim site (you know, to save the planet by shipping combined or something). It is tame enough that I didn't feel the need to ask.

Komuga

Reaction score
Just got these Orslow fatigues in. Don’t mind my gym shirt just trying pants on. Are these way too baggy, should I get them tapered a little and hemmed? Also what kind of footwear would look good with them?
7B4E1736-2321-491E-A2DF-47909E11E558.jpegF354BD44-1BBE-4694-83F6-9CF437CFC53F.jpeg

Komuga

Reaction score
Don't taper and don't hem. If they aren't what you're looking for then try another maker or cut.

Fatigues usually work with the whole range of casual footwear. Go nuts.
I just feel like they’re too baggy for boots no? I think they’ll look cool with sneakers... not sure if I got any boots that they’d go well with due to color + baggyness

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just feel like they’re too baggy for boots no? I think they’ll look cool with sneakers... not sure if I got any boots that they’d go well with due to color + baggyness
If that's how you feel, then don't wear them with boots or get another cut.

Phullyman

Reaction score
I posted a fit on WAYWT with my olive slims with boots. I cuffed em 3 times

Komuga

Reaction score
I posted a fit on WAYWT with my olive slims with boots. I cuffed em 3 times
These aren’t slims. They’re the US Army version. My thighs don’t fit in the slim ones

they look really good on you tho 👌

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think those would work with boots. Obviously depends on the boot, but general workwear styles seem like they'd go naturally with those. Military-style boots, Viberg service boots, Alden Indy, etc.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.