• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

iv4me

Reaction score
I'd like to buy a hoodie, primarily for layering with different leather / suede jackets (ysl l01, couple ysl teddy jackets, couple margiela 5 zips), and deciding between these two reigning champ sweatshirts. What do you guys think of the scooped hem versus the more typical straight hem? I love the concept of the scooped hem and think it will be nice to see it stick out a bit more from the leather jacket, but worry that it will look too street/juvenile.

1600558101737.png
1600558135926.png

example of look:

1600558660699.png

Komuga

Reaction score
I'd like to buy a hoodie, primarily for layering with different leather / suede jackets (ysl l01, couple ysl teddy jackets, couple margiela 5 zips), and deciding between these two reigning champ sweatshirts. What do you guys think of the scooped hem versus the more typical straight hem? I love the concept of the scooped hem and think it will be nice to see it stick out a bit more from the leather jacket, but worry that it will look too street/juvenile.

View attachment 1461724View attachment 1461725

example of look:

View attachment 1461726
Personally I don’t like the scooped hem, it reminds me of what my bodybuilder friends consider fashionable.

Kalec

Reaction score
Thought on Norwegian rain Rive Gauche?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pass on curved hem hoodie. Only Geller and RO cock bibs ever looked good and those were thin tanks made for layering.

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this cashmere William Lockie cardigan? View attachment 1461470
You might check Frans Boone as they have special makeups with measurements to their spec which tend to be a little slimmer than standard Lockie as I understand it. I have several, including a cashmere cardigan.

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's all just friendly ribbing, which is fun if the person is into it, but obviously not fun if the person isn't. Unless the person is annoying or an asshole, in which case it's very much fun when they're not into it. But Komuga obvs isn't one of those people.

Anyway, sounds like a big misunderstanding and everyone should hug it out.
I once posted a WAYWT and have never recovered.

Nnicnic

Reaction score
Anyone owns Bryceland's jeans? Love everything about it but the price is quite steep... Or are there any brands that offer a similar cut to these?
Screenshot_20200921-161844.jpg

Last edited:

withbluejeans

Reaction score
Really like this chore coat but having a hard time imagining what to pair it with. Any ideas?

Also, anyone familiar with Older Brother sizing? The L has a 48" chest circumference which seems really big, not sure if that's typical!

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 8.39.11 AM.png

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I own one of those typical yellow rain coats, and I actually love using the bright yellow. Browns, greens, blues, reds look especially good to me.

Friend

Reaction score
Thoughts on these guys? Have been feeling something Thuya-ish, and liked these when I saw them on Namu's instagram this morning.

DSCF9370.jpg

In an outfit:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior