• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I see, was more curious about whether there was an actual story behind it since I recall seeing it several years ago. Someone should be held accountable.

****** quality wares and and unhappy labor conditions.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Continuing the Kapital geniousness (madness?)

1596135214033.png

1596135274466.png

1596135313372.png

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll try. They seem to be one size and modeled by a woman who is 163 cm tall. So maybe they'll be too small for you?

I think he wants to be talked INTO buying them.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should i buy...

canada goose hybridge lite hooded jacket. 500ish.

trying to replace my eddie bauer down jacket that ripped up. This one looks good but probably isnt very rain / cold resistant.

Attachments

• 1AC41F3F-DF9C-4E98-BDD7-06044F5D683F.jpeg
    1AC41F3F-DF9C-4E98-BDD7-06044F5D683F.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 72

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Favorite color, love it, buy it. One thing to note is although it doesn't look it, these jackets are thin as hell, like vintage bandana washed a billion times thin. Great for summer tho

Also with the previous poster, I love the Ovie studio aesthetic, I followed them on Instagram but they post too damn much. Either way but it, anything out of that store is tight.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Favorite color, love it, buy it. One thing to note is although it doesn't look it, these jackets are thin as hell, like vintage bandana washed a billion times thin. Great for summer tho

Also with the previous poster, I love the Ovie studio aesthetic, I followed them on Instagram but they post too damn much. Either way but it, anything out of that store is tight.

Yeah, I know, right? Too bad those jackets are crazy small. I tried on a size 5 (!) and it was still a bit too tight in the sleeves for my liking...

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this zara cotton/silk polo? at $50 it's quite pricey for a Zara shirt but I haven't been able to find this kind of knitted polos even in the higher price range. Let me know if you guys know some good ones around the $50-$100 range
1596523695894.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alden Cordovan LHS loafers.
  • I will only wear casually and wonder if I will therefore actually wear these.
  • I am also concerned about upkeep, given what I understand about water stains, etc.
  • I also feel scratches are more noticeable on cordovan, but maybe that's just my perception.
  • Finally, I am tired of breaking in shoes, as it is a miserable process, and it doesn't seem these would break in all that easily.
So, why do I want these?

MG_3436_1024x1024.jpg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden Cordovan LHS loafers.
  • I will only wear casually and wonder if I will therefore actually wear these.
  • I am also concerned about upkeep, given what I understand about water stains, etc.
  • I also feel scratches are more noticeable on cordovan, but maybe that's just my perception.
  • Finally, I am tired of breaking in shoes, as it is a miserable process, and it doesn't seem these would break in all that easily.
So, why do I want these?

MG_3436_1024x1024.jpg
You don’t. Pass. FWIW, shell is easy to take care of and I have never encountered water stains.

Regarding shoes with break in periods. I have always wondered about complaints about this on SF. My solution is only to buy footwear that fits comfortably out of the box. Are you a difficult fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads