• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
don't be stupid benes. you could use those 15 dollars on a bagel at balthazar instead

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear hats a lot on weekends and these look perfect to add I rotation. I’m a sucker for novel quotes on hats too. What’s the context of don’t trip? I take myself way to seriously to put that on but the others I think I can vibe with.

what’s the history with the store too btw? Why does the name sound familiar?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear hats a lot on weekends and these look perfect to add I rotation. I’m a sucker for novel quotes on hats too. What’s the context of don’t trip? I take myself way to seriously to put that on but the others I think I can vibe with.

what’s the history with the store too btw? Why does the name sound familiar?

Free & Easy was the name of a Japanese menswear magazine. I don't know if they just licensed the name or if they're two different operations, but they use the same script.

Don't know if there's a story behind Don't Trip, other than it being a phrase.

Mac Miller wore the orange one at a Tiny Desk Concert performance.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have mutual acquaintances in the local fashion scene with the F&E people - I heard from someone that the magazine hadn't trademarked the name or logo and these guys just started using it.

Jonas251

Reaction score
I have mutual acquaintances in the local fashion scene with the F&E people - I heard from someone that the magazine hadn't trademarked the name or logo and these guys just started using it.

that sounds like a brand I’m dying to support. Tbh I find the “don’t trip” hat kinda cringey. it looks like something I’d find at a Bob Marley themed smoke shop.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt - that's some extreme third hand gossip from what may have been a hater for all I know.

Jonas251

Reaction score
What I’m trying to get across is that for people who highly curate and intellectualize their outfits, wearing a hat that says “don’t trip” is corny in my opinion. If @dieworkear was my stoner cousin who was 27 and lived in his moms basement (listening to Mac Miller) id think it was more appropriate ??‍♂️

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads