• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think flyinglotus can pull it off, bib and all. (0)
seems to mesh with what he wears. this type of stuff is elevated by tatted up dudes.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.layerslondon.com/clothing...eer_boots.html

older iteration is a tad nicer
http://www.mbok.jp/item/item_296263772.html

or
prt_200x280_1293873195.jpg

I like the fact that the second are "sneaker boots" which means I can kinda justify them for spring/summer although they are pretty tall.

First ones I probably could also do for spring summer since they are ankle high, however they kinda look like some deformed animals foot. What do mah homies think?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i like the second, prob wont look deformed once worn and filled out. 1st looks interesting but the angle is making it tough to judge. you can rock the 2nd unzipped with high socks(scrunched down, but still showing) and shorts and a long sleeve tee. would look dope imo
smile.gif
edit: you ninja'd the fist pair. i think they are the same, just diff sites??

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, I wanted people to see the details better.

snowman thats actually why I kinda want the second, I am just going to fold my dropcrotch pants up, and wear them as shorts/cropped dropcrotches.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...t=julius+boots

more pics of the second here (next to the damn boots I tried to buy from you snowman :p)

I'll probably go with the second. I think I can later get ankle high boots. All the goth_ik ones are still on sale for like half still. I like the ankle high clown looking boots from SS2011, but I'd rather wait than pay retail for now.

Only reason why I was thinking of not getting it cuz I dont want my feel to sweat like a modafugga yo

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Expressions Realia
Flying Lotus: Is it just me, or is there a subtle stitching around the chest area? Almost looks like the silhouette of a bib. Awkward in my opinion, as well as the patten. I do like the solid color and club collar of course.

I love the pattern, think it would fit well with Lotus' stuff

the only thing that puts me off is that weird bib situation

could work though

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh i think the ones at layer are by far the best lane. the sneaker boots have an ugly toebox imo. :/ the rick boots on that same thread are pretty sick tho

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
no to the bomber

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
eh i think the ones at layer are by far the best lane. the sneaker boots have an ugly toebox imo. :/ the rick boots on that same thread are pretty sick tho

problem is I also am looking for some sneaks for my more non goth style, but I'm not gonna buy rick sneaks till the non staple versions start dropping in price.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
problem is I also am looking for some sneaks for my more non goth style, but I'm not gonna buy rick sneaks till the non staple versions start dropping in price.

should get some new balances!

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane

What about diet butcher?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't like the brand, DBSS. Their hoodys and sneakers are nice. However, I was going to bid on some DBSS destroyed goatskin re-issues a week or so ago, but then decided not to because I suddenly thought they looked awful. I know I am the minority in this viewpoint, lol.

its weird too, cuz it depends on the picture and angle. Cuz some pics make them look nice to me, and others make them look yuck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics