• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

volatile

Reaction score
1760.jpg

1926.jpg

Richdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by volatile
Brown boots

The colour of the soles ruin the look imo... if they'd have been tan or light brown and not white then they would look pretty awesome.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xM.
Should I bite on a pair of DRKSHDW cords? I don't own anything else by the brand, so I'm not sure about the aesthetic. I mean, they're cords. They're pretty slim (6.5 hem). I'm just wondering how versatile they'll be, really. I mean, they're black, so I guess it's just like another pair of jeans...only not jeans. As far as my aesthetic, since I haven't really "waywt'd" here, I'm somewhere in between (at least as far as intention goes) Ervell and Geller...whatever that means. Basically, kinda clean, kinda not?

this is a horrible post, i know

I don't own any DRKSHDW cords, but I do have several pairs of DRKSHDW jeans. Cut-wise, I feel DRKSHDW is too roomy/loose in the thighs and butt for me, yet the bottom hem is insanely small (i.e. massive taper). But most RO stuff appears to be cut for a fairly muscular person (just look at the designer whom actually wears his own stuff), so I guess this should come as no surprise.

Cords are typically made from far thinner fabirc than jeans. If you enjoy the feeling of wearing something casual that's softer and less armor-like than denim, coords offer you this advantage. They also tend to look slightly more dressy than denim.

I personally like my Attachment and Julius cords a lot due to the slimmer overall cut. Both have a larger bottom hem than the DRKSHDWs your looking at, yet the mid to top sections are far slimmer than any DRKSHDW bottoms I've tried on. So depending on your body type you may want to consider this.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

skywalker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Kit is right, neither of those look that great for the price.

I've never been a fan of Bluefly. To be honest, most of their stuff looks like leftovers from some luxury department store that caters mostly to older rich people-- e.g. Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales, Saks, etc.

Which one do you think looks better ? It is probably from neiman marcus/ Bergdorf Goodman, as they usually carry cucinelli.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skywalker
Which one do you think looks better ? It is probably from neiman marcus/ Bergdorf Goodman, as they usually carry cucinelli.
You're making me feel so smart! I had no idea about the brand. I just made up all that **** about Neiman etc since that's the vibe bluefly gives me. I don't really have a strong preference for either jacket.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Do you really need to ask? Slightly too stubby for what I would want for myself but nonetheless, awesome.
I'm only posting it because the cost is so high. I'm never quick at making decisions on larger purchases, so it helps to hear multiple perspectives like would it fit my style etc? If it were under $1000 it would have been an instant kop! Oh and I actually like stubby shoes.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the augustas are quite nice but imho no piece of footwear is worth over $1000. I have a hard time justifying that any piece of clothing will make me happier than equivalent non-clothing items, i.e. 20 nice meals or a big screen TV or a new computer. even if you have that much money and more, i find it ethically irresponsible for myself to spend that much on a single piece of clothing (and of course i am not going to project that onto you or anyone else here, do whatever you wanna do). i also would think that putting $1000 in your wardrobe might be better spent elsewhere.

i dont know why i got into all of that but after getting a pair of c. diems all of these questions started popping into my head. of course im also a student who is building up a lot of debt and probably will have to drastically change my wardrobe in a few years when i wont have any time to wear sw&d stuff anyway, so the situation is obviously different for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads