Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ghostbusters101

ghostbusters101 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are nice. What are they?

2. Nil

Nil Senior member

Looks like Geller.

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Yup they're geller. I wear the same 2 pairs of jeans every day which I'm not unhappy with, but I feel I could benefit from mixing it up a little bit

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

Oh, and yes to those. I like the purplish hue.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yup they're geller. I wear the same 2 pairs of jeans every day which I'm not unhappy with, but I feel I could benefit from mixing it up a little bit
    Currently only have one pair of raw denim. Far cry from when I was rotating 6. Though I have black, grey, green and painted white denim now. Mixin' it up for the win.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

[​IMG]

Number (N)ine preacher hat. Yay or nay? Here it is all gothninja'd out.

[​IMG]

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

8. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

still cant decide on a turtleneck. The first one is my favourite but is by far the most expensive.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

the augustas are quite nice but imho no piece of footwear is worth over $1000. I have a hard time justifying that any piece of clothing will make me happier than equivalent non-clothing items, i.e. 20 nice meals or a big screen TV or a new computer. even if you have that much money and more, i find it ethically irresponsible for myself to spend that much on a single piece of clothing (and of course i am not going to project that onto you or anyone else here, do whatever you wanna do). i also would think that putting $1000 in your wardrobe might be better spent elsewhere. i dont know why i got into all of that but after getting a pair of c. diems all of these questions started popping into my head. of course im also a student who is building up a lot of debt and probably will have to drastically change my wardrobe in a few years when i wont have any time to wear sw&d stuff anyway, so the situation is obviously different for me.
    Ethics? You're simply stating that around $1000 that is where your marginal rate of substitution sets in. This is completely different for everyone.

10. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

(and of course i am not going to project that onto you or anyone else here, do whatever you wanna do).

ugh

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I like it but I can't see you pulling it off.
    I'm not 100% sure either but have a couple of ideas. I wanted a real hat, not just a beanie, but hats in general are hard to wear these days just because no one really does I guess. Anyway I'm leaning towards getting it but we'll see what happens.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

ugh

just felt like explaining either way

13. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

just felt like explaining either way

nice stealth edit. and no. i did say that earlier but i am also saying that i think a certain level of luxury is morally wrong in my opinion. i dont really feel like discussing or defining a moral system in buying clothing though so im not sure why i brought it up

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

I didn't edit anything...?

15. BB1

BB1 Senior member

BB1, I feel like you're buying stuff that's really similar to what you already own.
    I actually don't own a single low top boot-- something I've been wanting for a long time. And I happen to like the Augustas better than anything else I've seen in this category. Besides, a lot of your stuff looks surprisingly similar to me too. I feel it becomes difficult to pair styles together well when I buy too many things that look super different. Thus, if someone says "that looks like a typical BB1 purchase" then I consider that to be a good thing. No different than when we see a leopard print Tornado Mart shirt and everyone calls it an "Uncontrol shirt".
    BB1, I think those Augustas would go well with your Attachment stuff.
    You read my mind!