• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First one is good to go except for the wonky pocket action. Mismatching pockets. It's just strange to me. Nice flannel otherwise. Second one looks like you could pick that up at a goodwill for under a tenner. Like literally don't pick that up if it costs more than ten dollars.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah what's with that pocket with a button in the middle of it, pass on both

Also dude on last page, don't buy a tux just because.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
IMG_20180515_100352044_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20180515_100332769_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20180515_100413449_HDR~2.jpg

Trying to decide on keep / return. I'd mostly wear it open to avoid disappointing @dieworkwear & have hidden snaps added to the pockets to avoid pooching effect.

AMI in cow suede, size medium, 6'1" 155 lbs, mostly legs but the stupid-low camera angle throws off the proportions even further.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello darkness my old friend
should i shop again

(fwiw, first shirt in question is indigo cotton. second shirt is made from rayon)

View attachment 974365
View attachment 974364

View attachment 974362
That first shirt, I'm not sure whether it's really interesting seaming, or a really terrible photochop, at the elbows, for example, Also, I can't tell if there is a cool gradient effect or just bad lighting. If the former in both those cases, yeah, why not. The only thing a bit odd is the button placement on the right chest pocket. I like functional details to be functional. The second is fine?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I bought the first one. Figure I can just unbutton the chest pocket if I don't like that weird button placement.

@yunBW FWIW, Chester Mox has a bespoke option, if you want them to do a certain design.

@notwithit, That looks ok, although I feel like there are more interesting leathers out there. I've had that same design from CM-y type brands and never ended up wearing them. They always felt a bit too conservative, although that could be OK if that's what you're going for.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need help buying a new pair of jeans. Looking for a straighter Cut than orSlow 107s, but slimmer than LVC 1955s. I will mainly be wearing them with Paraboot Michaels and Mckinlay Sherwood’s. I’d like them to be Selvedge and a dark rinse denim.

I was thinking orSlow 105 (One Wash) or LVC 1954. Any other suggestions?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those remind me of Dirk Bikkembergs but uglier

reTyNbM.jpg

I've seen some other variations on the same theme but can't remember what they were

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They remind me of the boots Rick Owens has walked in recent runway shows with a dash of Lanvin. If you are OK looking extraordinarily capital-F-fashion, those will do the trick. With any other vibe they're gonna look strange.

I'm currently at I think 10 pairs of black boots, and I'm finally feeling somewhat done. I came close to buying one more (and I still want them, just not as much as I want the closet space and $700 I'd have to allocate for them), but the redundancy is getting too much to ignore.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads