• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1OCMP.jpg

If you want white, I personally like this Dries coat better (available in S still). http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/dvn010062whi (though it does kinda look like a lab coat :teach: )

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That one looks like a lab coat. I like the belted one, as long as you have the shoes to pull it off.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes to the Dries pants, I need some like that myself.

No to the Dries coat, it's too short and it's way too dramatic, can't see it working well.

I'm completely in favor of white outerwear though.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waffling on the Dries pants because I think they might be too big and they have zips at the hems, so if they're long there's nothing I can do. I want them to fit a little cropped. We'll see. Waiting on measurements.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, plus zips might hinder proper fabrics flow and compromise hems structural suppleness, something that shouldn't be overlooked.

But I really like that collection too, I was just browsing through the lookbook and there's some interesting bits about the various exotic materials used, the provenance of the prints etc etc, maybe I should post some of that stuff.

And that white coat is not dramatic after all, it's just too short, double breasted trenches and the likes shouldn't be that short.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, which makes it tricky to buy online without being able to handle them and put them on. Internet shopping is :plain:

Also, not sure if you were saying that to me about the coat, but it was Dles looking at the white coat. I'm just interested in the pantalones.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm completely in favor of white outerwear though.

Yes I am trying to find some, and it is a pain **********.

I like that Norse Projects white raincoat posted in RP yesterday.

Also the unicorn bless white hoodcoat.

There has to be more though.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well since you're not averse to synthetic fabrics and are looking for a thigh-lenght option, Stutterheim stuff might be up your alley. I posted about the brand in another thread a while ago but here it is again

i really really like the white one, haven't got around to getting one yet. I would probably use something more functional as my go-to raincoat though. Oki-ni has some fit pics.
Here's the lookbook also

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Overall I do, but I'm (a) not 100% sure about the shape of the toebox and (b) not sure how much it makes sense to get these when I just got a pair of Butter-oh's.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the shape of the boots, they're too straight or something. I think if you need a pair of boots and they're cheap-ish (like under$200) they might be fine but otherwise I'd pass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads