1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. worakl

worakl Senior member

Quality is pretty much what you can expect for the price, i.e. on par with H&M.

2. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

^what worakl said, similar in quality to HM, though they fit way better and are available in 34 lengths

3. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Ah. well H&M's quality is pretty low :( The ones in the pic look fantastic though, I suppose ill just have to save for Saint Laurent / Dior

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

[​IMG]

yes? no? blue one sold out

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

i like the yellow better

wth is it?

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

yoshio kubo

should i get it over a toj ma-1 or a toj0?

7. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

i like the jacket you already have better sev

8. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Seems to be the consensus; I still like the other one but if anything may just have to pick that one up at a later point in time...after I finally get a leather jacket. Thanks for the feedback everyone

1 person likes this.
  9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Ideally id want this same thing but darker grey and without pockets but I think the latter will grow on me.
    [​IMG]

10. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Keep waiting Bene.

2 people like this.
  11. amathew

amathew Senior member

This isn't so much a 'should i or shouldn't i' but a which one should I start with.

I've been on SF for a year or so and am slowly realizing that I need to completely redo my entire wardrobe. Made lots of bad decisions and impulse buys over the past year and I need to "start over" if you will. I'm going for more a mix between SW&D and MC Casual. I feel that I need to start with the following things.

1. A casual leather dress shoe - I have two pairs of AE's, one pair of Meermin's (selling on B&S), one Yuketen oxford, and one Common Projects Oxford (selling on B&S) but I think I need something that will act as more of a staple. Something that will be equally good with casual outfits and 'dressed up' in a start-up work environment.

2. Leather jacket - From reading a lot of the SW&D thread, this seems to be a pretty big staple of many of you in your casual wardrobe. TOJ jackets...I want one so bad.

3. Sneakers - I have a few shitty sneakers that I've picked up at odd places for less than $70 but not staple sneaker. By that, I mean I don't have a solid white
    or black sneaker, or any MMM gat's or CP sneakers.

Obviously, I can'y just afford to just go on a huge spending spree and drop $1,700 in a month w/o raiding my savings account. So I'll be slowly splitting up this list and building a better wardrobe from there. The question is, where should I start. Below are my options.

TEMPLE OF JAWNZ =
    lambskin: $780 shipped (Whisky color)

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]EPAULET/CARMINA =
    Alt Wien Semi-Brogue Captoe Caramel Calfskin - $545 shipped
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA =
    MMM Gat - around $400
    [/FONT]

I'm sure someone will mention that I should get some really good raw denim. Well, I rarely wear jeans and prefer cotton chinos so I'll probably stick to my cheap Levi's jeans. I also have enough chinos (Epaulet, Garbstore, etc) and sweaters (Howard Yount, Brooks Brothers, Wolf vs Goat). Of course, I probably should prioritize a semi-oversize cardigan also, but that's going to have to wait.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ get a black leather from TOJ for your 1st - $780
    ^ $545 seems like a lot for calfskin. if you want something casual and also fine for a startup, how about a suede chukka from Alden.
    ^ MMM gats are great. after buying 2 around 230ish, i don't know if i will pay more than that just because it's shelf life isn't that long. you have to luck out to get the white under $230 in a normal size, but all the other colorways should be had for around that if you look.

13. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

no. the toj > that awful yellow

1 person likes this.
  14. amathew

amathew Senior member

Thanks!

1. Black leather it is.

2. Suede chukkas would be good. I don't own any boots whatsoever so that would fill that hole.

3. I'll probably end up sticking w/ Converse or something if "shelf life isn't that long" for MMM sneakers.

15. amathew

amathew Senior member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  16. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. jet

jet Senior member

lol @ kw sneakaz

1 person likes this.
  18. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

19. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

what a fucking wanker

4 people like this.
  20. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

Just got a Varvatos Mercer Coat off My Habit for $359. It said it's a Star USA item at $1300 but I got a Collection item and it's priced at $1998. The Star version of the coat is a wool blend, the coat I got is 100% wool.

I like it, but can it be dressed down and worn with raw denim and a button down shirt and still look ok? The Bloomingdale's model is wearing denim and I think it looks good although it seems like a more formal coat...

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/the-mercer-coat/d/4571

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/john-varvatos-mercer-coat?ID=630341