• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should leave this.

bwahahahaha

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of Drkshdw detroit cut jeans on impulse a few days ago but not sure how I'm feeling about them. Fit is a bit tighter than expected and the overdyed indigo splashes and unfinished hems may be a bit much. Thoughts?

photo-3-1.jpg

bwahahahaha

Reaction score
28. But in typical Rick fashion sizing seems to be all over the place. This particular pair is tts in the waist but I've heard of them running anywhere from two sizes big to two sizes small.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Garbstore. Zero experience with the brand.

edit: nvm. Just turned my head and remembered I have a Gant Rugger flannel that's basically a muted (and plaid rather than check) version of the same thing. Probably because the damn thing's hanging on a doorknob right behind me.

Last edited:

corneliusparky

Reaction score
bwahaX5 did you get those at American Rag? They had a bunch on sale for 75% I believe . Just a headsup in case you wanted to return and buy on sale (esp since you seem dubious on them)

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How much is 75% off?

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

bwahaX5 did you get those at American Rag? They had a bunch on sale for 75% I believe . Just a headsup in case you wanted to return and buy on sale (esp since you seem dubious on them)

Nope, I picked them up elsewhere, but they're BNWT (just tried on) and I can pretty much guarantee that the price I paid was cheaper than 75% off retail. :nodding: Thanks for the heads up though!

Last edited:

xCrunchx

Reaction score
pretty alright, pocket cauught my some something going on there? looks a little low.

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j146991881

kva unfinished pants and cut them into shorts and use extra fabric to make a belt (see my wtb item for reference)

these would be my second choice, only after the wtb item. worth it or should i wait for yoox to pick it up next year

Lol. I have those same pants. Not sure how they would work for those kind of shorts though as the pleating at the top will definitely mess up the shape I assume you are going for. Not a fan of the fabric being used for shorts either. Too light I think. Would wait and buy the shorts you actually want tbh. Your dad's pants didn't work out in the end?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads