• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

filcol

Reaction score
Yes or no?

MW-11-10022-58-FNT.png

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomad
OoApy.png

niVpw.png

leaning towards the latter

second is raf or raf by raf?
i like the second btw
satisfied.gif

Originally Posted by Astronaut888
John Graham Mellor for Woodlands - 12.5 Oz Cone Denim
http://www.woodlandsshop.com/product...or-jean-indigo

MG_1696.jpg
MG_1617.jpg

find these intriguing.

simply don't need any new denim, but can't help myself from a new purchase. It's either these or the broken twill Left Fields from B&G.

If nothing else, the Left Fields will likely win out b/c of B&G free chainstitching.

any opinions on the Tellasons?

dont have an opinion on tellasons but left fields are nice. the hue of the blue is really versatile.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh yeah? theres something similar on buy and sell, raf by raf. very nice tho.

edit-sold out tho.

either way, its a nice knit

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AF89_2.jpg
Leydon last, commando sole. For business casual work and more casual settings? Don't currently own any boots.

kit99bar

Reaction score
I really want a pair of denim with an indiglo dyed weft; PBJ xx-009s are the best fit for me. I am 1 month into a pair of overdyed IH BBs though
frown.gif

clark kent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
are you talking to me? if so, please make your suggestions

i was actually talking to astronaut, but i think you should go with the kanes. those would be my choice at least.

astronaut, on second look. i would totally go with the left fields. i'de go for the slub's though not the broken twill, but thats only because i prefer heavier denim.

clark kent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kit99bar
I really want a pair of denim with an indiglo dyed weft; PBJ xx-009s are the best fit for me. I am 1 month into a pair of overdyed IH BBs though
frown.gif

if you end up ever getting PBJs, be advised not to size down no matter what anybody says. odds are they will fit perfect in the waist, but the calves/thighs will be overly constricting. i know from experience
ffffuuuu.gif
true to size would of been perfect for me, but then again i have 007s not the 009s.

kit99bar

Reaction score
the 009s are pretty large in the knee area so you can size down on them pretty easily. For my body type, a 8.5 knee is borderline too skinny for me. I pretty much size my jeans based on thigh and knee measurements. The waist can stretch or be protected by a belt usually (within reason
smile.gif
)

Originally Posted by clark kent
if you end up ever getting PBJs, be advised not to size down no matter what anybody says. odds are they will fit perfect in the waist, but the calves/thighs will be overly constricting. i know from experience
ffffuuuu.gif
true to size would of been perfect for me, but then again i have 007s not the 009s.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Commes de Garcons Shirt Seeksucker shorts with elastic waistband...sorry can't find a pic. What's the quality of the Shirt line? Appears it's somewhere between the Homme Plus and junk brand Play...Shorts look good but not familiar enough with the lines to know if "Shirt" is just another APC.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clark kent
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by kit99bar
the 009s are pretty large in the knee area so you can size down on them pretty easily. For my body type, a 8.5 knee is borderline too skinny for me. I pretty much size my jeans based on thigh and knee measurements. The waist can stretch or be protected by a belt usually (within reason
smile.gif
)

Do it kit99bar. You won't regret it. I love my 009s. Sizing down on them was no issue whatsoever. I did size down on the 007s too and they worked fine for a long time, until I started doing squats again. Hence the 009 purchase.

But yes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads