Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

rick owens seems to be pretty common in the fashion world at this point, thats funny that people actually think its "esoteric."

Most people, myself included, could probably go weeks without seeing anybody wearing a single piece of Rick Ownes clothing.

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

hence why I said fashion world.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

I have homies in NY who tell me about all the dorks dressed in ninja gear roaming the streets and gallery openings/exhibits. All of them wore skirts at the last one apparently thinking they're og.

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Can you guys explain to me this Rick Owens aesthetic? I've lived in the NW all my life and the only people I've come across wearing clothing resembling the brand's were the chubby goth kids at my HS. What's the appeal?

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

its like going to the gym, but 100x more expensive and made of leather

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Can you guys explain to me this Rick Owens aesthetic? I've lived in the NW all my life and the only people I've come across wearing clothing resembling the brand's were the chubby goth kids at my HS. What's the appeal?

No idea.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

designer hot topic

8. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

a pair of brown shoes/boots to go with clothes that are either predominantly blue or predominantly grey (in different shades)? chief considerations are (in order of importance) quality / design / understatedness / versatility?

Dries
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MMM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MMM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]

APC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]

Dries
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

APC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are similar in color but stylistically a bit too incongruous with the rest of my wardrobe ... i guess
    MMM
    [​IMG]
    Ann D
    [​IMG]
    MMM
    [​IMG]

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i'm looking for same pair but a bit darker in color, personally i like both the APC and Dries boot. others are not as appealing

10. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

They seem kind of different though... You must decide if you want a low or high-top profiled shoe at first.

The A.P.Cs seems like the most blend/clean/etc., i prefer either the Dries profile overall - but not sure of that pattern, otherwise number three (MMM) but still uncertain of the pattern... The number two MMM is just plain horrendous.

I would prefer a fit picture of the higher boots to judge if i like their profile or not.

11. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

thanks for the feedback guys - i also like the dries pair the most (a least for now) so am glad to hear you both like it too.

i'm looking for same pair but a bit darker in color, personally i like both the APC and Dries boot. others are not as appealing

you mean dark brown (espresso) like the color of this pair? i actually have that pair but do not personally find the color very versatile. i could be wrong tho (or you could have a different shade in mind).

They seem kind of different though... You must decide if you want a low or high-top profiled shoe at first.

The A.P.Cs seems like the most blend/clean/etc., i prefer either the Dries profile overall - but not sure of that pattern, otherwise number three (MMM) but still uncertain of the pattern... The number two MMM is just plain horrendous.

I would prefer a fit picture of the higher boots to judge if i like their profile or not.

I would probably prefer a sleeker profile tho not too sleek as I have a abnormally high instep (and I wear superfeet inside of just about anything) but i would imagine that simplying having a foot inside shouldn't change the profile of a boot? Also, dunno if this is going to be relevant but I'm going to be wearing cropped pants / rolled-up jeans/chinos a lot... I wonder what kind of profile is best for that kind of look [​IMG]

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

yeah i actually really like those PS, and in that shade

13. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

Yeah fuck that Rick Owens nonsense, when my buddies and I go to gallery openings we do the real deal.

[​IMG]

14. bows1

bows1 Senior member

If you go near galleries in NYC you do see tons of rick. I saw a couple guys who were ricked out. Should have taken a photo like the dick dunks pictures it cept it would have been all rick wedges and heels [​IMG]

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What do you guys think? Black, gray, green, or none?