• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should corpses wear glasses?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I always thought being a funeral director was rather glamorous in a macabre way.

One has the discretion to wear particularly flamboyant clothing and boutonnieres and handkerchiefs and nobody would ever say anything. And the fact that you're wearing such clothing when operating and subsequently applying cosmetics to the corpse has a certain compelling element about it.

The temptation to **********a runs strong in certain breasts. Whilst perhaps understandable for those with no other options, one must consider the effect discovery might have on the family of the departed. Those so inclined might be well advised to seek out another avocation.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it would seem. Purple is thought to be a mourning color, among many Greeks that I know. All during Holy Week, banners and ribbons are done in various shades of violet, orchid, or purple. Same with the tomb of Christ. Always some major orchids involved in the floral arrangements.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The temptation to **********a runs strong in certain breasts. Whilst perhaps understandable for those with no other options, one must consider the effect discovery might have on the family of the departed. Those so inclined might be well advised to seek out another avocation.
**********c tendencies are only for the select few, but breasts are not of the select few. And don't try to pass it off as some trumped up recondite word origin.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manton, if you gave me a choice to plan a wedding or a funeral, and I have done both . . . I would choose the funeral. At least with the latter, I know where I stand.
2143986075.jpg

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happened to this man, Irving ?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
What a curious thread.
Yes, interesting thread. There's something about being a mortician that has intrigued me since my youth. I'm not one, and won't be one, but the profession intrigues me nonetheless.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
What's with the, recent reminesing Vaclava?

I suppose melancholy mixed with, aloneliness against the tick of, wasted time .

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Yes, interesting thread. There's something about being a mortician that has intrigued me since my youth. I'm not one, and won't be one, but the profession intrigues me nonetheless.

The biggest goofball I went to school with ended up a mortician. Great guy to hang out with, but no way I'd want him to lay me out. Probably would tie my tie in a windsor.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The biggest goofball I went to school with ended up a mortician. Great guy to hang out with, but no way I'd want him to lay me out. Probably would tie my tie in a windsor.

Come to think of it, I've never noticed how a tie was done at a wake.

Do morticians tend to tie a decent knot for their clients?

I was actually just worrying the other day, that if I were to die unexpectedly, my family could very well just pick a random suit out of my closet--with my luck, one of the ones which need some tailoring done--and pick a bad shirt and tie combination which doesn't work in the least bit. I think they do know me well enough, though, to make sure I have a pocket square.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Many years ago I was considering becoming a mortician and managed to get a couple of courtesy informational interviews. Bottom line seemed to be that unless you opened your own place (with the same challenges and chances of survival as any other small business faces), you were basically going to be a body handler and never make good money. Something that stayed with me was what one guy told me - you get to meet a lot of new people, but they're never happy.

To stay on topic - if someone wore glasses in life, I'd bury them wearing their glasses. I'd be opposed to open casket but probably wouldn't make a big deal of if I was outvoted. I stopped looking into the open caskets of anyone I cared about a long time ago, preferring to remember them as they were.

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
I suppose melancholy mixed with, aloneliness against the tick of, wasted time .

"When you kill time, you murder opportunity."

Or something.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
To stay on topic - if someone wore glasses in life, I'd bury them wearing their glasses. I'd be opposed to open casket but probably wouldn't make a big deal of if I was outvoted. I stopped looking into the open caskets of anyone I cared about a long time ago, preferring to remember them as they were.
I attended a funeral recently with an open casket throughout the entire service. The deceased had glasses on, but I thought it odd that a person would have on glasses with closed eyes. I couldn't help but think that no one would be asleep with glasses on, so why have glasses on when you're dead.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujihgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggfcccc        ggg  cv b vb v v v v v v v v vg vbhn  bnbv  

You make a good point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads