• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Rome Advice

hibuhibu

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I realize that there are quite a few threads about shopping in Rome but nothing was specific enough for me, and I would like to seek your advice here. I am looking to purchase blazers and coats (and maybe few things in between) but thought that I should share my style and what I like so your advice can be more specific. I only have few days there so I would like to be as efficient as possible.

As for my style,] I never really gotten into italian wears in the past as I was more into American prep styling. To give you an idea, my favorite pieces till this day are all from Gant Rugger (which btw is dead now). Still, I would like something that can compliment my existing styles. I like pieces from RL too but they are often too big for me (Im a small dude).

What are some good shops to visit to purchase blazers that are;
- soft/shoulder
- high armhole
- shorter in length
- makes size EU44
- Variety of fabric choices
- Price range up to $700-$800 (of course, more affordable better)
- Probably works well with Preppy style
- I only wear oxford button downs btw

If you have recommendations for other types of clothing (pants, military jackets, and etc, except for suits). I'm all ears as well.

Thanks!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This recommendation does not answer your request however,
I recommend that you visit Battistoni on Via dei Condotti. It is
one of the most beautiful shops I have ever been in. The
merchandise is classic, elegant and expensive, so I doubt
that you will buy anything. It is worth a visit nevertheless.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This recommendation does not answer your request however,
I recommend that you visit Battistoni on Via dei Condotti. It is
one of the most beautiful shops I have ever been in. The
merchandise is classic, elegant and expensive, so I doubt
that you will buy anything. It is worth a visit nevertheless.
WOW Battistoni has such a beautiful store, unfortunately, when I was there years ago I could barely afford a pizza but would love to check it out again...

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boggi. Check internal tags as it uses numerous manufacturers. If you're not familiar with manufacturer tags, please read though the tags/nail secrets thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics