• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoemaker recommendations needed - For flat footed women

noobanker

Reaction score
I’d like to gift a pair of shoes for a lady friend who’s suffering from poor fit with shoes she owns.
She thinks it’s due to flat feet, although it could be due to cheap shoes she wears.

Anyone have experience with ladies shoemakers that offer better fit for flat feet?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’d like to gift a pair of shoes for a lady friend who’s suffering from poor fit with shoes she owns.
She thinks it’s due to flat feet, although it could be due to cheap shoes she wears.

Anyone have experience with ladies shoemakers that offer better fit for flat feet?

I don't, but you can try checking with some womenswear forums. Reddit's Female Fashion Advice might be of help.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My recommends would be to let her try them on in store. Women are notoriously fussy about fit and if she has foot pain or flat feet it might be even more difficult.

There is a women’s brand called Munro that makes shoes in widths. They’re not that attractive but an option. Taryn Rose is another but again, a bit old lady-ish.

On the higher end, Crockett & Jones has a women’s line. Of course, accessibility is a challenge but something like that paired with an OTC orthotic may be the answer.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're anywhere near NYC, I recommend a visit to Moulded Shoe for advice and truly wonderful custom
orthotics.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I am near NYC. I’ll try that.

The Moulded Shoe guys are amazing. Rafael has taken care of me for more than a decade. The women's shoe inventory tends toward the comfortable, not the fashionable. The orthotics are made from leather, rubber, and cork. There are also custom shoe options.

noobanker

Reaction score
The Moulded Shoe guys are amazing. Rafael has taken care of me for more than a decade. The women's shoe inventory tends toward the comfortable, not the fashionable. The orthotics are made from leather, rubber, and cork. There are also custom shoe options.

‘any idea on where one can buy “fashionable“ made to order / off the rack women’s shoes that are made for flat foot?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out Carmina. They're not made for flat feet, but the lasts are often built for lower insteps. I imagine the answer is going to be an orthotic plus the right shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads