• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe shopping in Milan

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I will be going to Milan in a few weeks and would like to pick up some new shoes while I'm there (loafers and dress shoes in the $250-$500 range).

Can anyone recommend some must-see shops, whether small boutiques or department stores with a good collection?

Many thanks!

Johnny80

Reaction score
if you will be in Milano, you should check Santoni shoes
Address: Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, 67 Milano

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Unfortunately Santoni is out of my price range. I have never seen a Valesca shoe so it will be interesting to have a look. I also had a look at the Barbanera website but there is no mention of a physical store and Google Maps only has one entry for Barbanera which it classifies as a 'corporate office' so they seem to be online only.

Johnny80

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Unfortunately Santoni is out of my price range. I have never seen a Valesca shoe so it will be interesting to have a look. I also had a look at the Barbanera website but there is no mention of a physical store and Google Maps only has one entry for Barbanera which it classifies as a 'corporate office' so they seem to be online only.
Depends how much out of your price is..because if you see something there that you like, there are chances to have 20-30% discounts

Johnny80

Reaction score
And of course there is Velasca..they have a lot of range of shoes with very competitive prices

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Have been in Milan for a week now and had a good look around. As with any big city, cheap plastic shoes are everywhere, especially in the lower end shopping strips like Corso Buenos Aires. (Recommended to avoid in general).

There are streets full of expensive boutiques too, scattered throughout the city, but not much in the way of affordable yet quality men's shoes. You really need to make an effort to find out about them then make a special trip there as they are often small shops on side streets which can easily be missed.

Best I have found so far (for my needs) is Belfiore, at Via Belfiore 9, where decent Oxfords and loafers are around €225 ($243). I bought a pair of Oxfords and will order loafers next week when the new stocks arrive (they didn't have my size). Could easily buy 4-5 pairs here. Had to control myself :bounce2:

new-shoes.jpg

Next door to Belfiore is Cardinale which is so similar in shoe style and price that it is also recommended (I almost bought loafers there too but they didn't have my size).

If you do visit Belfiore/Cardinale, make sure to visit a great little shoe accessory shop nearby which is full of shoe trees, Saphir creams, shoe horns, laces, etc. It's "Roby Shop" at Via Francesco Cherubini, 4.

I did have a look at Valesca but left after a few minutes. I also checked out Harris but there wasn't much of interest for me.

Still haven't found a decent department/multi-brand store for men's shoes. Will check out Rinascente tomorrow and report back if it proves to be interesting.

Last edited:

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
boutiques, Fortalezza, Antonia, Corso Como might be to fashionable

if you want a deal in that price range hitch a ride to the Seravalle outlet - some brands adjust their prices here bc of the high volume of overseas tourists compared to other outlets in Italy

have a look around Brera, it has vastly more independent boutiques than the main shopping areas surrounding the Duomo

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will visit as many as I can.

Today I went to Antonio (Piazza G. Oberdan, 2) and the shoes seemed ok but it's a tiny shop and there were very few models so I didn't find anything. Oxfords and loafers were €189 ($202).

I also found "Ago e Spago" which has a mix of Blake and Goodyear constructed shoes for around €200-250. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for classic shoes around this price point. Their shop window:

spago.jpg

moltoelegante

Reaction score
I had a look at another two of the mentioned streets - Via Brera and Corso Como - but there were no men's shoe shops there that I noticed.

I finally tried Rinascente, the large department store next to the Duomo. There was a good range, including Church’s, Trickers, Crocket and Jones, Tods, Santoni, Ferragamo, Doucal’s, Sebago and Fratelli Rossetti. Most were out of my target price range but this may be of interest to others.

I had a look at Barrett and Doucals' but these seemed to be €400 and up so generally above my target range.

Stivaleria Savoia is a nice shop but I didn't find a good model/color match for me. Ready to wear at about €300 and up. Bespoke also available at around €2,000 (3 months+)

Iliprandi has a good selection of mostly English brands. Again, over my target price point but definitely worth a visit if you have more to spend. (I saw some very nice Church's and Crocket & Jones models there).

One more shop to add: Calzoleria Vitolo. They had some shoes on display (their own production if I understood correctly) and offer a bespoke service as well.

would you consider reporting back on how these shoes last over time - maybe after a three-month break-in period ?

It might not be three months exactly but once they have seen some real action I will try to remember to report back on the experience.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads