1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Fantastic Mr Foxx

Fantastic Mr Foxx Senior member

[...]
    -This is NOT working at all. - One tip I have for you: ALWAYS think 10 times before you post pictures on a forum like SF.

2. Imperator

Imperator Senior member

I don't want your shoes, or your pants or your car. Not really the sort of image I'd like to give of myself, but that's just a question of taste.....[​IMG]

Adrian

I'll take the car then.

3. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Let's get this back on track. I came home to these today, made & sent to me by my friend Chay Cooper at Alfred Sargent (particulate matter on polishing cloth due to my trying them on atop said cloth on my dirty floors):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Imperator

Imperator Senior member

Let's get this back on track. I came home to these today, made & sent to me by my friend Chay Cooper at Alfred Sargent (particulate matter on polishing cloth due to my trying them on atop said cloth on my dirty floors):

Very sharp BB. I'm sad that I missed out on the initial SF showcase (and pricing).

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Gorgeous and very interesting!

6. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

interesting mix of styles.

how is the fit?

7. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

-This is working at all.
    - One tip I have for you: ALWAYS thinks 10 times before you post pictures on a forum like SF.

can you explain? I don't understand your comments on first reading.

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

interesting mix of styles.

Lovely uppers. My gut reaction to the sole treatments was "too formal" for a "casual" upper.
    Not a big maybe but seems a little incongruous at first glance?

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Lovely uppers. My gut reaction to the sole treatments was "too formal" for a "casual" upper.
    Not a big maybe but seems a little incongruous at first glance?

exactly, i add the last shape, too

10. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Very sharp BB. I'm sad that I missed out on the initial SF showcase (and pricing).
    Gorgeous and very interesting!
    Thank you.
    interesting mix of styles. how is the fit?
    They fit great. I was measured by Chay when he visited NYC and could swear he incorporated that into these to ensure fit. This style will be added to their line and named for me [​IMG]
    Lovely uppers. My gut reaction to the sole treatments was "too formal" for a "casual" upper. Not a big maybe but seems a little incongruous at first glance?
    exactly, i add the last shape, too
    The last & sole were my choosing. Sure I could have went with a "softer" sole, but why? I specified the last shape of the three they offer. I wanted a "structured" and one-off saddle shoe apart from the norm. I think he captured my idea rather awesomely.

11. well-kept

well-kept Senior member

can you explain? I don't understand your comments on first reading.

I'm guessing he meant to say "This is NOT working at all." Just a guess because "This is working at all" is not a sentence and doesn't mean anything in English.

As to the advice to consider carefully before posting... those shoes are perhaps in line with your personal aesthetic and that of your friends. But the sense of design, texture, color and overall style they exhibit is at odds with the consensual sense of style possessed by members here and they will not be kind in expressing their distaste. I personally do not find them very attractive. I do repect your right to enjoy what you like.

12. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]
    They look great, Bris. Chay is so helpful. I ordered two pairs at the intro price last year. One (a simple pair of their standard wingtips made to handgrade standards) is apparently waiting at my office, and the other (a balmoral boot) is being designed. Chay tells me the boot will become a regular offering and bear my name too!

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I missed it - out of curiosity, what was the intro price?

14. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

BigBris - great stuff! Glad yours came out well. Very cool design. Congrats!

15. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

That last is so snouty, it's comical. I wonder how anyone manages not to trip over a mile and a half of toebox.

16. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

That last is so snouty, it's comical. I wonder how anyone manages not to trip over a mile and a half of toebox.

Nonsense, they look perfectly normal for a 15 B.

17. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

bris - nice shoe. would have looked great in cordovan

18. dmash

dmash Senior member

Seated outside the cafe.. [​IMG] Seated & ready for SQ Goodness.. [​IMG]

What are some models that resemble these? This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Not too clunky and I love the design. I found the Edward Green Beaulieu to be very identical but $1000 is out of my price range. Looking for <$600.

19. glenjay

glenjay Senior member

[​IMG]

What a great contrast of textures, colors, and formality/informality. It's the best of both worlds. Great job bigbris.

20. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

They fit great. I was measured by Chay when he visited NYC and could swear he incorporated that into these to ensure fit. This style will be added to their line and named for me [​IMG]

that sounds terrific. i have the word from a maker for a modell name, too though we didn't work it out yet. that's really a nice gesture. enjoy

The last & sole were my choosing. Sure I could have went with a "softer" sole, but why? I specified the last shape of the three they offer. I wanted a "structured" and one-off saddle shoe apart from the norm.

i can understand you well. my current project is a variation of the traditional "Austrian Haferlschuh". a so called "Salon Haferl". probably not this year anymore. let's see.

wear them in good health.