• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirt cuffs and watches; let's see 'um.

Mustapha

Reaction score
I'm still a relative noub here. Sorry if too forthcoming..
smile.gif

I thought we could see some cuff styles/shirtings/and watches all in one thread.

Thank you styleforum!

-Moose

P1000647.jpg

Mustapha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Sweet watch!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jon.

Thank you Jon. Funny you should not compliment the shirt.
laugh.gif
I have enjoyed much more pleasure from owning fine shirts than fine watches. And at a much much superior price/enjoyment ratio too. A watch is mostly under a cuff or too small to be noticed from paces away. A fine shirt marks the man from across the street.

I can say more about this here and I will. Having attended some of the internet gatherings of watch collectors; most of them would do well to study the rest of their accoutrements. Sounds a bit mean over the internet I realize ...

-Moose

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4tz9ao7.jpg

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mustapha
Thank you Jon. Funny you should not compliment the shirt.
laugh.gif
I have enjoyed much more pleasure from owning fine shirts than fine watches. And at a much much superior price/enjoyment ratio too. A watch is mostly under a cuff or too small to be noticed from paces away. A fine shirt marks the man from across the street.

I can say more about this here and I will. Having attended some of the internet gatherings of watch collectors; most of them would do well to study the rest of their accoutrements. Sounds a bit mean over the internet I realize ...

-Moose

I didn’t want to take the fun away from everyone. Is it a turnback cuff with three buttons?

Jon.

Mustapha

Reaction score
I didn't want to take the fun away from everyone. Is it a turnback cuff with three buttons?

Jon.

Two, John. Three would be totally foppish.
bounce2.gif
Love these Smilies at this forum.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
I was tempted but some rough maths informed me that if I posted a picture a day it would be almost 10 years before I had exhausted all the possible combinations. At usual acquisition rates in the future it would in theory take me to infinity, maybe even a little longer.

I'll pass.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I originally thought 2, but all the way to the end of the picture it almost looks like there is another button. Are T&A's shirts foppish?

Jon.

The T&A turnbacks are two buttons, but they're not rendered as nicely as the ones above (at least mine aren't). Oddly enough, I think Ascot Chang does a really nice job on turnbacks. I was in London recently, and asked a well known shirtmaker how many of their customers order turnbacks (which I love), and the reply was "almost none of them".

Mustapha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
The T&A turnbacks are two buttons, but they're not rendered as nicely as the ones above (at least mine aren't). Oddly enough, I think Ascot Chang does a really nice job on turnbacks. I was in London recently, and asked a well known shirtmaker how many of their customers order turnbacks (which I love), and the reply was "almost none of them".

Gentlemen,

My shirt is not a T&A. It's the product of a Toronto maker, Trend Custom Tailors - my decision to use local business. I must admit it I was tempted when I was walking around London; the store displays are something else.

-Moose

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
4tz9ao7.jpg

worship.gif

Great watch. Easily the nicest Breitling I've seen. (Yes, I know you had posted the pic before; just couldn't help
drool.gif
)

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Great watch. Easily the nicest Breitling I've seen. (Yes, I know you had posted the pic before; just couldn't help)

Thank you, sir!

53ry4u9.jpg

(Lorenzini + Wittnauer)

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
worship.gif

Great watch. Easily the nicest Breitling I've seen. (Yes, I know you had posted the pic before; just couldn't help
drool.gif
)

Unbelievably clean too; do you mind me asking if it's been redialed? Stunning watch.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
Unbelievably clean too; do you mind me asking if it's been redialed? Stunning watch.

Thank you; it is original. The watch was my father's -- a gift from my uncle when they went to war in the early 40's. My dad rarely wore it and never had it serviced... so it remained almost new. I probably put more wear on it by sneaking it from his dresser and playing with the chrono as a kid than he did with it on his wrist.

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
Picture076-vi.jpg

I apologize for quality of shot. I am still trying to figure out my new camera. FYI, Omega Speedmaster Professional and Harry Rosen MTM shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads