• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shaving body hair

Raymondleigh3268

Reaction score
do any of you fellas shave your body hair if so how do you do it .i do but if done wrong you can end up with a small rash on my chest the closer i shave if i clip im ok

Roger Everett

Reaction score
I did for a short time, getting ready for a fittness/ body building show; many years ago. But I did it the easy way, girl friend. After which I tipped her very well. There are places you can't possibly reach ( or see ), unless you're double jointed.
Roger

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
shearer.jpg

enzoangelo

Reaction score
You might have more luck in the health and body forum. Unless you plan on making a coat out of your hair...

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Chest and arm pits only and with an electric razor is best. A blade razor is kind of dangerous, especially around the nipples and really dangerous in the shower. And absolutely forget epilators, which are made for women and produce pain, bad results and pimples. In fairness, however, even shaving with an electric can produce a little inflamation on a sporadic basis. Esquire or GQ did a piece on this and concluded that shaving was better than waxing by the way. And if you have a good build, there is no question shaving enhances the appearance and that clean armpits are better than hairy ones. Unfortunately, a daily chore, though.

haiguise

Reaction score

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
I shave my chest and stomach with a blade, I've been doing this for very long, the irritation generally goes away after the skin gets used to the frequent shaving. About once a year I manage to cut myself but it's overall a non-issue. Waxing produces many ingrown hairs for me, so that's a no go. The problem is that I can't get the chesthair back, after a small week it gets incredibly itchy and I have to shave it to find relief! I trim my armpit hair every couple of weeks.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
I can understand shaving the face, but the chest? Is it just personal aesthetics, or is there a real trend out there?

Serious question here.

Aesthetics and vanity for me, I look like Thomas Magnum when I don't shave. Shaving is definately a trend in the gym-prettyboy crowd.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krow13