SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by aportnoy, May 17, 2006.

1. Buster

Buster Senior member

In your original post (before editing) you mentioned Halladay as well. Well, I have him, so the bar is high for the trade.
    Regarding the risk - you are right. I would not pay $51M just to negotiate with him, but I didn't have to. That's what makes this game fun.

You have a good pitching ensemble - but too many question marks (zito, penny, lidge). Not that mine is prefect. Far from it.

Really... nobody half decent?

Thats funny, I would have described almost ALL my starting pitchers of being exactly "half decent".

[​IMG]

I don't have any superstars, but I do have a bunch of workhorse 16 game winners with high IP, strikeouts, and relatively low ERA.

Dice-K is tempting, but to be honest, he's a risk, his arm has a LOT of mileage, and its his first year on the MLB schedule. If you are expecting a Chris Carpenter for him, I think you are gonna be waiting a while.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

In your original post (before editing) you mentioned Halladay as well. Well, I have him, so the bar is high for the trade.

I was speaking more of the "caliber" of player, and not the exact players themselves. You will not get a top tier P for Dice K before the season even starts. Not even from a Jap. Sorry. I noticed you had Halladay, and removed his name just to avoid confusion.

Zito, IMO is far from a question mark. In 2006 he led the league in batters faced (945) and games started (34), 3rd in the league in innings (221), 8th in wins (16), and 10th in ERA (3.83). Oh, and he's also never missed a start. Ever. Yes, his strikeout total is falling. That happens to a lot pitchers as they get older. Luckily for Zito, he's not a power pitcher. His curveball is his moneymaker, and its still vicious. Oh, and he just moved to the NL, which means his ERA is gonna drop pretty significantly this year. [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Senior member

You will not get a top tier P for Dice K before the season even starts. Not even from a Jap. Sorry.

Damn [​IMG]

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I'm open for a closer and a big bat.

Otherwise relatively pleased.

You won't hear me whine about selecting 10th.

5. surf animal

surf animal Active Member

I recieved your guys' trade offers, and I'll be looking through my team tomorrow during work to figure out what I want need and who I'm willing to give up. (In order to whoop ass, of course)

6. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Zito, IMO is far from a question mark. In 2006 he led the league in batters faced (945) and games started (34), 3rd in the league in innings (221), 8th in wins (16), and 10th in ERA (3.83). Oh, and he's also never missed a start. Ever. Yes, his strikeout total is falling. That happens to a lot pitchers as they get older. Luckily for Zito, he's not a power pitcher. His curveball is his moneymaker, and its still vicious. Oh, and he just moved to the NL, which means his ERA is gonna drop pretty significantly this year. [​IMG]
    I don't think people realize how hampered Zito was pitching in OAK with the DH. I think he'll far very well in SF.

7. whnay.

As an FYI...

I'm in the market for a top-50 OF and a back up middle infielder. All reasonable offers will be considered.

8. whnay.

I can't believe I got gheyed on my pick up request on Julio by the fucking waiver rule.

9. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't believe I got gheyed on my pick up request on Julio by the fucking waiver rule.

I jumped on the waiver wire too. The Julio trade makes my Kevin Gregg pick less appealing.

10. whnay.

I jumped on the waiver wire too. The Julio trade makes my Kevin Gregg pick less appealing.
    Et tu Andrew? Et tu?

11. aportnoy

Et tu Andrew? Et tu?

Wasn't me, I picked up Monroe and Maine to replace Jenkins and Mulder.

12. whnay.

Wasn't me, I picked up Monroe and Maine to replace Jenkins and Mulder.

Who was it...I can't access our teams at work.

13. aportnoy

Who was it...I can't access our teams at work.

curious smalses

14. whnay.

curious smalses

that mother fucker.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Quit yer whining dude. You picked first...