• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Senior prom

DSKent

Reaction score
The price is quite a bit higher than, say, Desmonds, but they have some very nice looking suits and tuxes (unfortunately, too pricey for this poor college student).
What do these tuxes run and do you know the name?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This store isn't a chain, and I don't know if they will ship their rentals to you, so unless you live in the milwaukee area, you may be out of luck. Here's the main Link to their store. Unfortunately, on the site it only shows that they rent Perry Ellis and Ralph Lauren tuxes (fairly competitive at $125, but when I was at the store they had a few Zegnas and other brands for $200-$300. Hope this helps.

General Koskov

Reaction score
Thankfully you're not one of those schmucks who thinks it's funny to wear a...kilt, or anything else stupid like that to their prom.
So these are stupid now? I totally agree that leisure suits and zoot suits do not fit the bill of informal evening dress (or any dress), but pray tell why a kilt is stupid (unless you've not got the right background)?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thankfully you're not one of those schmucks who thinks it's funny to wear a...kilt, or anything else stupid like that to their prom.
So these are stupid now? Â I totally agree that leisure suits and zoot suits do not fit the bill of informal evening dress (or any dress), but pray tell why a kilt is stupid (unless you've not got the right background)?
Ummm... yea they are. Kids wear these as a joke, not because of some heritage. They're looking for shock value, not culture. So it is dumb, right along the lines of zoot suits. I wouldn't say it's stupid at the right occasion though, like a traditional Scottish event or whatever you're supposed to wear it at. Wow, talk about digging up old posts.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my god....reading this thread brings back some bad memories. I can't believe I wore those thicker-soled Kenneth Cole shoes with a tux - and actually thought they were 'good-quality'. One learns quite a bit of information at this place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads