• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #1

One of our favorite lines here at Self Edge, Mister Freedom comes back with the second installment in the story of a Merchant Navy Sailor in the 1930's who had his clothes custom-made by the local Naval Base Tailor as he cruised around the world.

The second chapter of this concept is he sailor's last cruise that took him to the cold waters of the Souther Indian Ocean, after serving ten years in the Navy.

This Winter Collection, "The Last Cruise, Salty Years" focuses on extreme weather gear, custom Naval Tailor-made.
Our Sailor had become an "old salt" (an experienced seaman) by then and his clothes were weathered and faded by sea water, sun and wear. Although non-regulation, a popular practice since the 1920's for Navy enlisted men, was toe have custom "LIBERTY CUFFS" and multicolored stitching added to their uniforms by local tailors. Sewn on the inside of the garment and invisible to the patrol officers, the fancy cuffs were rolled up and displayed while on shore leave.
The sailor CPO denim shirt and forthcoming denim Pea Coat are "LIBERTY ISSUE", customized by the MFSC Naval Base Tailor, featuring a mermaid patch (also used as a secret money pocket) and hidden custom stitching in the form of a inner rainbow chainstitch.
The collection also includes a Modified Type of jungle cloth Deck Jacket, a pair of Modified Type 7161 denim jeans, a wool/cotton sweater, a rain hat, and an undershirt. MF has also reissued the extremely popular chambray shirt from last season.

We've done something a bit special again for this photo-shoot, modeled by Samuel de Goede, shot by Sidney Lo, then each main photograph was digitally processed by Ordo, also check the online store for hi-res shots of the rest of the details.

The 7161md Jeans, Foul Weather Hat, CPO Overshirt, Chambray Shirt, and Mister Freedom T-Shirts are now available in-store and in our online store, these items are made in small runs and restocks are not available. Please check the online store product pages for far too much information on every single piece in the collection:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=74

MF_jeans_01-756365.jpg

MF_cpo_02-717408.jpg

MF_cpo_01-717307.jpg

MF_anchor_tee_01-739132.jpg

MF_anchor_tee_02-739194.jpg

MF_jeans_tee_01-717262.jpg

MF_peacoat_tee_01-777511.jpg

MF_peacoat_tee_02-1-717174.jpg

MF_bucket_01-777449.jpg

MF_ChambrayShirt_01-752159.jpg

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
Credit to Self-Edge for allowing Mauro to sell these as well. I have no idea on the details, but it goes to show what good things can happen will people are willing to share success.

Yup.
I was gonna order my pair from Kiya. But Mauro was selling em too. I already bought some stuff from kiya already, and I always wanted to buy something from Mauro.

johnpark415

Reaction score
Hey Kiya,

The new sugar cane collab is wicked.

Was wondering"”the tag in the right pocket says these are Made In USA. True??

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnpark415
Hey Kiya,

The new sugar cane collab is wicked.

Was wondering"”the tag in the right pocket says these are Made In USA. True??

The hardware is all produced in Japan, it's sent to America, it's cut and sewn, then it's sent back to Japan to be inspected and tagged... This is also the case for about 70% of the rest of the Sugar Cane line..

reprehensible

Reaction score
Does the Pote Tin Kyriaki shirt run small or large in the sizing?

I've applied a tape measure to some of my shirts, and it leans towards a Large being OK; I'm just looking for a sanity check, since I don't trust my measuring skills all that much. I wear a large in AA t-shirts, if that's at all helpful.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
Does the Pote Tin Kyriaki shirt run small or large in the sizing?

I've applied a tape measure to some of my shirts, and it leans towards a Large being OK; I'm just looking for a sanity check, since I don't trust my measuring skills all that much. I wear a large in AA t-shirts, if that's at all helpful.

They run very true to size... they barely shrink too, so if you're in between sizes go with the larger size..

JOA

Reaction score
Kiya,

I bought the Buzz Rickson Chambray from Mauro. I'm a true size M and would normally wear the 15/15.5 shirt, but he convinced me to go up to the 16. It arrived today and it fits in the shoulder and sleeve, but it a bit baggy in the body. Will the shirt shrink at all? He's holding a size 15 for me just in case.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sugar Cane Orange Sun Sawtooth Western Flannel Shirt Sugar Cane hangs onto the summer sun with a beautiful new sawtooth design flannel shirt with a great color. The magical hands of TOYO have put this together for a late Fall delivery due to the heavier than usual weight of this flannel compared to other TOYO produced flannels. This shirt is now available in our online store along with a complete restock of all of Sugar Cane's jeans: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=65 Photos by Sidney Lo.:
sc_ls_01_web-794814.jpg
sc_ls_02_web-794877.jpg
sc_ls_03_web-711035.jpg
sc_ls_04_web-711103.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #2

One of our favorite lines here at Self Edge, Mister Freedom comes back with the second installment in the story of a Merchant Navy Sailor in the 1930's who had his clothes custom-made by the local Naval Base Tailor as he cruised around the world.

The second chapter of this concept is the sailor's last cruise that took him to the cold waters of the Southern Indian Ocean, after serving ten years in the Navy.

This Winter Collection, "The Last Cruise, Salty Years" focuses on extreme weather gear, custom Naval Tailor-made.
Our Sailor had become an "old salt" (an experienced seaman) by then and his clothes were weathered and faded by sea water, sun and wear. Although non-regulation, a popular practice since the 1920's for Navy enlisted men, was to have custom "LIBERTY CUFFS" and multicolored stitching added to their uniforms by local tailors. Sewn on the inside of the garment and invisible to the patrol officers, the fancy cuffs were rolled up and displayed while on shore leave.
The sailor CPO denim shirt and denim Pea Coat are "LIBERTY ISSUE", customized by the MFSC Naval Base Tailor, featuring a mermaid patch (also used as a secret money pocket) and hidden custom stitching in the form of a inner rainbow chainstitch.
The collection also includes a Modified Type of jungle cloth Deck Jacket, a pair of Modified Type 7161 denim jeans, a wool/cotton sweater, a Denim CPO Overshirt, a Wool Watch Cap, a Denim Pea Coat, a Jungle Cloth and Chambray Rain Hat, and three different t-shirts. MF has also reissued the extremely popular chambray shirt from last season.

We've done something a bit special again for this photo-shoot, modeled by Samuel de Goede, Sidney Lo, and Haptronic, shot by Sidney Lo, then each main photograph was digitally processed by Ordo. Also, check the online store for hi-res shots of the rest of the details and a massive amount of information about each individual item.

The new Denim Pea Coat, Foul Weather Coat, Indigo Knit Sweater, and Wool Watch Cap are now available in the online store. Last week's release of the 7161md Jeans, Foul Weather Hat, CPO Overshirt, Chambray Shirt, and Mister Freedom T-Shirts are also now available in-store and in our online store, these items are made in small runs and restocks are not available. Please check the online store product pages for far too much information on every single piece in the collection:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=74

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #2
MF_peacoat_02-1-732634.jpg

MF_peacoat_01-732563.jpg

MF_foulweather_01-727461.jpg

MF_sweater_01-727523.jpg

MF_beanie_01-788380.jpg

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #1
MF_jeans_01-756365.jpg

MF_cpo_02-717408.jpg

MF_cpo_01-717307.jpg

MF_jeans_tee_01-717262.jpg

MF_bucket_01-777449.jpg

MF_ChambrayShirt_01-752159.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
That denim CPO shirt gives me a hard on every time I look at it.
You know... at first we thought it would be too intense compared to last season's CPO shirt, but it's actually a really easily wearable piece because it doesn't have any contrast stitching.. If you want it PM me and i'll help you out on it.. (offer only good for xchen)..
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member