• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Flat Head Black Mint Shirt - Aging Differently Flat Head has finally gotten us a shipment of the Black Mint shirt... A shirt where the fabric was developed by Flat Head and designed to age with wear but not in the traditional sense of "fading". This shirt is made of a new fabric by Flat Head; they start out with a soft black pressed outer / brushed inner felt fabric then they silkscreen a mini grid pattern on the shirt. With wear the grid pattern wears off and leave just the black back-ground on high wear areas such as the elbows, arm pits, etc.. It's difficult to explain in words what the shirt looks like after some wear, but it's quite amazing as we've had one that has been worn in for six months on and off and it's like nothing we've seen before. The Flat Head Black Mint Shirt is now available in-store and in our online store: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...848da23d7669f7
Untitled-796248.jpg
100_7558-796332.JPG
100_7559-755492.JPG

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
cottonapprovedvintagephni7-777907.jpg

Flat Head Herringbone Button-Down - COTTON DUCK APPROVED

From Flat Head's Fall Collection comes this herringbone button down with cat's eye buttons made of a super soft woven cotton fabric.

This is a bit of a different style for Flat Head but we're liking it very much. The cut and feel of the shirt is great and the selvedge fabric detailing down the inside front and at the side seams is also a nice touch.

Cotton Duck approves this garment in every way, which is no surprise considering his taste for fine garments produced in a vintage style.

Available now in our online store:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...4bc91503f2d3fb

100_7561-1-702787.jpg

100_7562-702826.JPG

100_7563-745374.JPG

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
buzz1-756606.jpg

William Gibson Party at Self Edge - November 9, Sunday

The man and legend himself, William Gibson, will be visiting Self Edge for an intense four hour long party on Sunday November 9th between 1pm and 5pm.

Some may know William Gibson from his venerable writings and creating and leading the cyberpunk genre with his world acclaimed novels such as Neuromancer, Count Zero, Pattern Recognition, and Spook Country. Others may know Gibson from the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson double-name line which is produced in Japan by TOYO (Sugar Cane). In our eyes the line started before Gibson ever met the men behind TOYO as Gibson wrote about a Buzz Rickson jacket that didn't actually exist in his novel Pattern Recognition. A Buzz Rickson black MA-1 Flight Jacket worn by Cayce Pollard set the wheels off and from there we've had reproductions of the most beautiful military pieces as seen through the eyes of William Gibson.
Even a recent set of Porter (Yoshida & Co.) bags has pushed the line even further into the accessory field and a set of classic athletic sneakers has widened the footwear line for the first time into the non-military issue realm.

William Gibson will be visiting Self Edge as a trip to further research all things denim and Japanese and at the same time to celebrate the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson line.
Come by and meet the man behind it all and enjoy a beer brewed down the street in our fine city.

Self Edge
714 Valencia Street
San Francisco 94110

November 9th
Sunday
1pm to 5pm
First fifty people get a collectible Buzz Rickson Bandana... More specials to be announced closer to the date of the party.
item_williamgibson_gibson-759833.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My Inazuma Festival article which i was hired by Cool Hunting to write went up today: http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/...ma_festiva.php Note: i'd like to point out that the second photo in the post is a group of guys standing around drooling over a motorcycle.. the guys: Benny (take5), me, Osanai (from Iron Heart), and the presidents/founders of Toys McCoys, Pherrows, Iron Heart, and Lightning. That's how surreal this event is.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

After 9 months of R&D, we are pleased and honored to offer the SEXSC06 Jean; a cutting-edge collaboration style designed by Self Edge and Japan's world-renowned denim brand - Sugar Cane.

Sugar Cane is the pioneer brand that got its name for manufacturing denim and other fabrics crafted from blending some of the world's best cotton and sugar cane fibers, yielding exotic, unparalleled garments that produce absolutely outrageous personality with age and wear like nothing else on the market (and they smell sweet, too, thanks to the generous blend of sugar cane).

The SEXSC06 jeans offer plenty of inseam length on a mid/low-rise, narrow-leg body made with specially crafted 13oz Japanese denim produced from 50% Okinawa cotton and 50% Okinawa sugar cane that is loomed on vintage power-operated shuttle looms in such a way as to duplicate the looser, more-porous, slubby weave associated with hand-powered wooden looms from the 19th century, creating a breathable jean that's perfect for warmer climates.

-13oz Slack Weave Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim
-Hand Loomed Style Denim
-50/50 Cotton / Sugar Cane Fiber Blend
-Reinforced Crotch (Denim Patch)
-Black Anodized Buttons
-Buffalo Leather Tag
-Pin-Check Rear Pocket Lining
-Japanese Sun Stripe Pocket Bags

Once this jean sells through, no further supply will be available due to this one-time production run.
Available in-store at Self Edge on Saturday November 8th at Noon.
Online sales will start at www.selfedge.com on the same day at 3pm.
Retail cost is $305 (with free shipping worldwide as usual).

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=374

sexsc06_01_web-721838.jpg

sexsc06_02_web-721906.jpg

sexsc06_03_web-746696.jpg

sexsc06_04_web-746778.jpg

sexsc06_05_web-769900.jpg

sexsc06_06_web-769975.jpg

sexsc06_07_web-700099.jpg

sexsc06_08_web-700380.jpg

sexsc06_09_web-727173.jpg

sexsc06_10_web-727238.jpg

Cali

Reaction score
So are these supposed to be slim or regular fit? I see "narrow-leg body" but numbers look regular fit to me.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the yellow pocket lining. Will these sweet smelling sugar canes attract ants to my wardrobe?
lol8[1].gif

JOA

Reaction score
I assume the online sales start at 3 p.m. West Coast time? I'd like to know for sure.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member