1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Seiko

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

This is a wonderfull purchase for money.

The bracelet look cheap but on a black rubber or leather strap it looks like a 10 time more expensive watch.

If you want a cheap sport watch, take it. You will not have any regrets.

2. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Have you got a pic Ernest?

3. TCN

TCN Senior member

Seiko Divers watches are classics with a cult following. A nice clean design and a workhorse movement.

4. ernest

ernest Senior member

[​IMG]

5. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Very nice Ernest. I had one that if memory serves me was very similar, stolen from me in Croatia in 98. Got an alibi? [​IMG]

6. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

Can someone tell me the name of some vintage Rolex watches that look like that, and where on the internet I might find some? Very handsome ernest, you've inspired me.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I'm going with the others here, that is a really great looking watch.

8. Super Fly

Super Fly Well-Known Member

Very nice watch Ernest. Here are some Grand Seikos you might find interesting. Extremely good watches... Grand Seiko

9. ernest

ernest Senior member

What were you doing in Croatia in 98? Stolen by Gypsies (you do not see anything) or with violence? Got a very very good alibi...

10. ernest

ernest Senior member

I paid my watch $135... The diver 200 is also a good choice but better take it in 3.8mm as the full size is 4.2mm. Mine is a diver 100 in 4mm. I hesitated with the 3.7mm. Finally it is not so huge in 4mm. I got the steel bracelet but it is a real crap. I put a rubber strap I found in the street many months ago. It is not wide enough but it is better than the steel for the moment.

11. ernest

ernest Senior member

Submariner but not specialy vintage

12. ernest

ernest Senior member

And you can buy on this website with no fear, I received my watch with a interantional guarantee with the box within 10 days from Singapore

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Ernest - Can you type out the website again - it doesn't look like it got through the first time.

Also, does anybody have any experience with buying watches on ebay? Bad idea or good idea? Any preferred sellers and sites? Are there any other recommended forums for investigating this?

14. ernest

ernest Senior member

It is on the picture

15. TCN

TCN Senior member

When you say "look like that", I'm going to assume you are particularly interested in the red and blue bezel. This is a well known feature/option of the Rolex GMT Masters. I believe the bezel was originally done in that color combination for Delta Airline pilots (or one of the airlines), beginning in the late 60's or early 70's.

Ask around in the Rolex forum on timezone, and someone will probably direct you to some good sources.

16. ernest

ernest Senior member

(BlvdDandy @ 04 Jan. 2005, 11:43) Can someone tell me the name of some vintage Rolex watches that look like that, and where on the internet I might find some? Very handsome ernest, you've inspired me.
    When you say "look like that", I'm going to assume you are particularly interested in the red and blue bezel. Â This is a well known feature/option of the Rolex GMT Masters. Â I believe the bezel was originally done in that color combination for Delta Airline pilots (or one of the airlines), beginning in the late 60's or early 70's. Ask around in the Rolex forum on timezone, and someone will probably direct you to some good sources.
    Sorry but I made a mistake with the picture. Mine is ALL BLACK... My screen is dead, I do not see red anymore.