• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a wonderfull purchase for money.

The bracelet look cheap but on a black rubber or leather strap it looks like a 10 time more expensive watch.

If you want a cheap sport watch, take it. You will not have any regrets.

Nonk

Reaction score
Have you got a pic Ernest?

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko Divers watches are classics with a cult following. A nice clean design and a workhorse movement.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you got a pic Ernest?
skx033ks12zd.jpg

Nonk

Reaction score
Very nice Ernest. I had one that if memory serves me was very similar, stolen from me in Croatia in 98. Got an alibi?
biggrin.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
I'm going with the others here, that is a really great looking watch.

Super Fly

Reaction score
Very nice watch Ernest. Here are some Grand Seikos you might find interesting. Extremely good watches... Grand Seiko

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice Ernest. I had one that if memory serves me was very similar, stolen from me in Croatia in 98. Got an alibi?
biggrin.gif
What were you doing in Croatia in 98? Stolen by Gypsies (you do not see anything) or with violence? Got a very very good alibi...

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice watch Ernest. Here are some Grand Seikos you might find interesting. Extremely good watches... Grand Seiko
I paid my watch $135... The diver 200 is also a good choice but better take it in 3.8mm as the full size is 4.2mm. Mine is a diver 100 in 4mm. I hesitated with the 3.7mm. Finally it is not so huge in 4mm. I got the steel bracelet but it is a real crap. I put a rubber strap I found in the street many months ago. It is not wide enough but it is better than the steel for the moment.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the name of some vintage Rolex watches that look like that, and where on the internet I might find some? Very handsome ernest, you've inspired me.
Submariner but not specialy vintage

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And you can buy on this website with no fear, I received my watch with a interantional guarantee with the box within 10 days from Singapore

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ernest - Can you type out the website again - it doesn't look like it got through the first time.

Also, does anybody have any experience with buying watches on ebay? Bad idea or good idea? Any preferred sellers and sites? Are there any other recommended forums for investigating this?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ernest - Can you type out the website again - it doesn't look like it got through the first time.
It is on the picture

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the name of some vintage Rolex watches that look like that, and where on the internet I might find some? Very handsome ernest, you've inspired me.
When you say "look like that", I'm going to assume you are particularly interested in the red and blue bezel. This is a well known feature/option of the Rolex GMT Masters. I believe the bezel was originally done in that color combination for Delta Airline pilots (or one of the airlines), beginning in the late 60's or early 70's.

Ask around in the Rolex forum on timezone, and someone will probably direct you to some good sources.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads