• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dior Vetiver. It's a very straightforward vetiver. It's supposed to have a coffee note, but I don't get it at all. I wish I did, because I think that would be an interesting blend. Since I'm not a big fan of vetiver as a note, I'm not a big fan of this fragrance. Like Sycomore, though, it's very good for what it is.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Dior Vetiver. It's a very straightforward vetiver. It's supposed to have a coffee note, but I don't get it at all. I wish I did, because I think that would be an interesting blend. Since I'm not a big fan of vetiver as a note, I'm not a big fan of this fragrance. Like Sycomore, though, it's very good for what it is.

I think Il Profumo does a Vetiver Java - I also read about one from Nicolai but maybe it was a candle. :(

Today, Dzing! It's clicking very nicely for me, which isn't always something I can say about this one.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm warming up to Bottega Veneta- now I think of it as a a warm and cozy hay and suede.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm warming up to Bottega Veneta- now I think of it as a a warm and cozy hay and suede.

My experience has been similar to yours. The first time I wore it I thought meh, this is okay, but completely unremarkable. Then I wore it a few more times and started to appreciate it more. It's not that I noticed anything I had missed the first time. I just came to enjoy it more. Warm and cozy are exactly the right descriptions, IMO.

EDIT: I've been sampling the feminine fragrances from Divine lately. Today it's L'Ame Soeur. Lots of aldehydes at the top, along with rose and jasmine. I wasn't a big fan at first--I thought it was just a more market friendly version of ELdO's Vraie Blonde. But now I'm liking it quite a bit, thanks mostly to the rose. My favorite of the Divine feminines is still L'Inspiratrice, which is just wonderful.

Last edited:

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That captures it pretty well. I'll probably want Timbuktu soon, but I'm looking forwards to BV's warm and cozy tomorrow morning- its been that kind of week.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Borneo 1834. More wearable than I remembered. I'm going to put this into the rotation.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed - Millesime Imperial again. Quite liked it, though the longevity seemed pretty weak. However, the atomizer of my sample didn't work perfectly the first time I used it so I might have taken too few.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Creed - Millesime Imperial again. Quite liked it, though the longevity seemed pretty weak. However, the atomizer of my sample didn't work perfectly the first time I used it so I might have taken too few.

I've tried to like this, but I just can't. I find it too high-pitched and abrasive. Longevity is indeed poor, but in my experience that was a good thing!

I'm wearing Divine by Divine today. (Not to be confused with Eau Divine by Divine.) Wow, this stuff is amazing! At the top I get a rich, buttery tuberose, which is a note that almost always makes me happy. Shortly thereafter some other floral notes emerge, specifically rose and gardenia. But what makes Divine really great is the big, ripe peach note. To my nose, this is an old-school French feminine with a modern twist. It is quite feminine, so I think a lot of people here would shy away from it. I think rach would love it, though. (I'd wager big money that Rambo would find it unwearable.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads