Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

yea.

I would do this sample box thing again but I don't really have anything besides Penhaligon's samples.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

yea. I would do this sample box thing again but I don't really have anything besides Penhaligon's samples.
    Damn it! I just lost $5.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

You only love me for my samples......

Well, the first one was a bit of a disaster by the time it got to me. I blame Jinda (btw - this is the correct answer for all of life's problems). All that was left was a sample of Knize Ten that was 3/4 empty, a 3/4 empty sample of Pallisander, and 2 1/2 empty samples of Live Jazz. Otherwise, it was a bunch of crap. The one highlight: the bottle of Jovan Musk that someone threw in. I've got 5 bucks it was Why.

I've only been back in commission for a little while now but I've already restocked the whole box. I'm happy to send it out to you MC, so that you can combine them, if you want to front the shipping. I think its probably best to let this box take its course and then save that, and mine, for #3. Let me know what you think.

nah, I love you cause you're RAMBO! Sorry if it seemed like I was hounding you about that box, I just didn't know what happened to you (or the box). Actually, half joking here, I did sort of wonder if something terrible had happened to you. Glad you're back though my virtual friend.

It's a shame about the status by the end. At the stage where I got it, it was mostly interesting stuff. Yeah, I'm definitely ok with covering the shipping to have it sent back here and then whenever the second box makes it back I'll just combine them to set it up for the third one, which I'm planning for somewhere around the end of the year or something. I've got a local group of fragheads that I organize some meetups for, so I'm considering passing it through them since they'll probably have some more interesting samples/decants to add.

PM sent...

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Yep, T, Pamplelune tends to last well on me as well. Though, of course, the nature of it being a citrus heavy scent will mean the top note fades very quickly, but the vanilla/guerlinady/patchoulish base stays for a while.

Kenzo Tokyo again for me today; traveling for the summer means I don`t get to have my usual stash, so I am limited in how much I can wear. It is quite humid and fairly cool today, and the longevity appears MUCH better than when I wore it last time (in warmer weather.)

5. kulata

kulata Senior member

Trying out Fahrenheit Absolute today and I LOVE it. Pulling the trigger on this one, this stuff is too good not to own.[​IMG]

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^Damn dude thought you kicked the bucket?

I'm wearing Tea for Two, decidedly too heavy for this weather. I smell BBQ sauce/dry wood with this one, anyone else?

I get tobacco and Chai tea, and love it in the cooler months. In warmer weather it's a big no-no for me.

You only love me for my samples......

Well, the first one was a bit of a disaster by the time it got to me. I blame Jinda (btw - this is the correct answer for all of life's problems). All that was left was a sample of Knize Ten that was 3/4 empty, a 3/4 empty sample of Pallisander, and 2 1/2 empty samples of Live Jazz. Otherwise, it was a bunch of crap. The one highlight: the bottle of Jovan Musk that someone threw in. I've got 5 bucks it was Why.
    (...)

That's a damn shame it came to you like that.

(...) It's a shame about the status by the end. At the stage where I got it, it was mostly interesting stuff. Yeah, I'm definitely ok with covering the shipping to have it sent back here and then whenever the second box makes it back I'll just combine them to set it up for the third one, which I'm planning for somewhere around the end of the year or something. I've got a local group of fragheads that I organize some meetups for, so I'm considering passing it through them since they'll probably have some more interesting samples/decants to add.

PM sent...

I'm sure Dane has plenty of samples if he's kept his interest. He's been awfully quiet lately, stressful job and whatnot. =(

Yep, T, Pamplelune tends to last well on me as well. Though, of course, the nature of it being a citrus heavy scent will mean the top note fades very quickly, but the vanilla/guerlinady/patchoulish base stays for a while.

(...)

I tried it again yesterday and think that the transitions are what fool me. There's something there at end of day, but it's so far from the opening that I wasn't sure what was there. Still considering further. May try a bottle from a different source next time.

Today, though...Live Jazz. Starting to become the 'go-to' scent in this hot, humid weather.

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Started this morning with Hermessence Osmanthe and Yunnen. Barely perceptable and of what I could catch there wasn't much to think about. Maybe I'm just not genieious enough to appreciate this frag. Another sample (4ml!) for the pile.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I get tobacco and Chai tea, and love it in the cooler months. In warmer weather it's a big no-no for me. That's a damn shame it came to you like that. Today, though...Live Jazz. Starting to become the 'go-to' scent in this hot, humid weather.
    Shit happens T-Rex. I'm happy that everyone else got to enjoy themselves with it so that makes it a win for me. I agree with you on both the Tfor2 and Live Jazz.LJ has been my standard summer scent for a few years now. I actually got so tired of putting it on all the time that I threw the last 25% of my bottle into the swap box. I just bought another bottle during the Fragrancenet sale. [​IMG]

9. kulata

kulata Senior member

Wearing Tom Ford extreme today. Hope my co-workers can bear the thick leather stench

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Shit happens T-Rex. I'm happy that everyone else got to enjoy themselves with it so that makes it a win for me.

I agree with you on both the Tfor2 and Live Jazz.LJ has been my standard summer scent for a few years now. I actually got so tired of putting it on all the time that I threw the last 25% of my bottle into the swap box. I just bought another bottle during the Fragrancenet sale. [​IMG]

heh, I bought a bottle recently from Amazon pretty cheap, and then bought two more. [​IMG] But I don't have such a bad case of Want for Platinum Egoiste, anymore.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Decided to wear something different from the summertime big three...drumroll please...Tuscany Per Uomo.

12. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Re Chanel Exlusif's. I'm fairly certain I want a good sized decant (30-50ml?) or Sycomore if that's an option. One of life's great mysteries, why Chanels Exlusif's only come in 15ml or 200ml bottles... $/ml they're not that bad, but

+1

It lasts all day on me. I'm familiar with all 5 of the series and Kyoto is my favorite. I also like Jaisalmer. Avignon is fine but I never had a desire to wear it. All 5 are great as candles too.

Today I'm wearing Encens et Lavande. Don't wear this often because my decant is running low, but it's so so good. Easily my favorite lavender - I love the way the smokey incense backbone blends with the lavender. It lasts all day on me, though I know longevity has been an issue for some. I really want a whole bottle of this. Maybe someday I'll roll into the Paris store and walk out with bell jars of this, Sarrasins and a few others.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today I'm wearing Encens et Lavande. Don't wear this often because my decant is running low, but it's so so good. Easily my favorite lavender - I love the way the smokey incense backbone blends with the lavender. It lasts all day on me, though I know longevity has been an issue for some. I really want a whole bottle of this. Maybe someday I'll roll into the Paris store and walk out with bell jars of this, Sarrasins and a few others.
    Never even heard of this one before now. Anything you could compare it to? Where'd you snag a decant? TPC?

14. derekzee

derekzee Well-Known Member

saw a grey chanel box at the store where i buy perfumes in. i'm not sure if it was pour monsieur or the concentree version. what box does regular pour monsieur come in?

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

(...)

I've been tempted to try that for a while now. =(

saw a grey chanel box at the store where i buy perfumes in. i'm not sure if it was pour monsieur or the concentree version. what box does regular pour monsieur come in?

I think the main difference in the packaging is "Concentree" marked on the bottle and box. I think (but could be wrong on this) that the original PM comes in a bottle with a square cross-section, while the concentree is wider and not as deep. Anyway, I think only the Concentree is available now.

Today...Caron Pour Une Homme, something reassuring for a stressful day ahead.