• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

shoewarma

Reaction score
Oh, I love this one. It's oakmoss, but clean and definitely vintage in character. I think the word I'd use is aloof - should be worn by a man who's dressed very sharply.

One of my favorite fougeres, without a doubt.
Hmm, interesting. I can kind of see how you'd describe it as aloof. I thought about it in the shower as I was scrubbing myself with Eucris shaving soap (yes, it's straight dogshit for shaving), and I would call it an intelligent and introverted scent.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. I can kind of see how you'd describe it as aloof. I thought about it in the shower as I was scrubbing myself with Eucris shaving soap (yes, it's straight dogshit for shaving), and I would call it an intelligent and introverted scent.

I actually appreciate how it comes out of the small stopper too. It means that it can be applied very subtly if necessary.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Right on. I'm still trying to figure out how to best apply it because I'm not very familiar with splash bottles in general. I like to apply on my neck, but I don't like having to use my hands for that. How do you apply it?

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right on. I'm still trying to figure out how to best apply it because I'm not very familiar with splash bottles in general. I like to apply on my neck, but I don't like having to use my hands for that. How do you apply it?

Well, some splash bottles are more open than others, almost like cologne bottles, but I find that with Eucris you have to nearly turn it upside down to get anything out - and it's designed that way.

I'll apply it to the neck as well, and what I do is just put a fingertip on the stopper, turn it over, and dab onto the carotid area, behind the ears, etc. There's really no other way to do it, but at least this way you don't need to resort to splashing it.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
I’ve meant to sample Timothy Han perfumes for the longest time. Note breakdown for of them sound great. Love Mishima and that Huysman novel has a perfume connection I’d like to see if he ties into his perfume.

I wore Portrait of a Lady today. It’s been at the back of the shelf for along time and gets better every time I wear it.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a haul: 1985 Vol de Nuit extrait, modern Vol de Nuit edt, Heritage edp, Habit Rogue edp, Jicky edp, Shalimar edp, Chanel No 5 Parfum from the 80s, Chanel No 5 edp, Chanel No 5 edt from the 80s.

Nice haul bro! Let us know what you think of the vintage VDN extrait vs. the modern. I still haven't cracked my vintage extrait VDN but have a small sample of the modern EDP which is nice, but not amazing. Heritage is awesome and would stick with vintage over modern.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't get the vdn extrait yet, but to be honest of everything I like Heritage the least. It was a blind buy and the most different of the Guerlain's. It is very 90s to me (which makes sense). I only just sprayed it on a piece of paper, but I am going to spend time with it in my pajamas tonight. Of the Guerlain haul vdn, and Jicky are my favorites. Both are very very similar to mdm, which is an all time favorite.

I don't know if I mentioned on here but my gf gave me her Chamade, which she never wears. I love it! I wish it lasted longer though.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't get the vdn extrait yet, but to be honest of everything I like Heritage the least. It was a blind buy and the most different of the Guerlain's. It is very 90s to me (which makes sense). I only just sprayed it on a piece of paper, but I am going to spend time with it in my pajamas tonight. Of the Guerlain haul vdn, and Jicky are my favorites. Both are very very similar to mdm, which is an all time favorite.

I don't know if I mentioned on here but my gf gave me her Chamade, which she never wears. I love it! I wish it lasted longer though.
Ah, yes Heritage is most definitely a 90's scent. I got it when it came out in '92 I think it was, so have loved it since. Does not have as powerful of the floral "Guerlinade" as many others, but super classy and elegant IMHO.

About to head to the pool so sprayed on some Guerliain Eau de Guerlain which is super for warmer weather and kickin' around. After that will be picking up my Areej le Dore 6th Collection sample set that arrived at the PO. Excited to try those.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah, yes Heritage is most definitely a 90's scent. I got it when it came out in '92 I think it was, so have loved it since. Does not have as powerful of the floral "Guerlinade" as many others, but super classy and elegant IMHO.

About to head to the pool so sprayed on some Guerliain Eau de Guerlain which is super for warmer weather and kickin' around. After that will be picking up my Areej le Dore 6th Collection sample set that arrived at the PO. Excited to try those.

I really want to smell some Areej! Heritage, I definitely can get the Guerlinade from it, although it isn't as obvious as many of the others. Eau de Guerlain is wonderful. I love it to wear to bed when it is warm out.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to smell some Areej! Heritage, I definitely can get the Guerlinade from it, although it isn't as obvious as many of the others. Eau de Guerlain is wonderful. I love it to wear to bed when it is warm out.

Here's an early, and superb review from Kafkaesqueblog's Twitter of Santal Galore from the new Areej collection.

I wish I had even half the refinement of olfactory perception and ability to put clear language to all the subtle nuances of fragrance that Kafkaesque does...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of stuff from the Nordstrom sale, and they threw in a few fragrance samples.
I got Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, any thoughts on this one?
Also included:
Jo Malone lime basil & madarin
Incense City Allsaints ( this one is parfum, with an atomizer for the sample )

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Neroli Portofino. It's not a groundbreaking scent by any means, but just a scent that smells great in hot weather. It's one of the few that I have used so frequently that I need to buy a new 50 mL bottle.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur