• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

karmaguy

Reaction score
Does anyone else live in a really, really hot city? I feel like the heat destroys a lot of my favorite scents, but I still would like to wear something during the summer. Anyone have some reqs?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone else live in a really, really hot city? I feel like the heat destroys a lot of my favorite scents, but I still would like to wear something during the summer. Anyone have some reqs?
Try Bruno Fazzolari Five. It’s an Eau de Cologne style with a long lasting flinty aspect.

I love Voyage d’Hermes EdT for hot weather.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 for Bruno Five
Slumberhouse Grev
Slumberhouse Kiste
MFK APOM PH
TDC Sel de Vetiver
Le Labo Santal 33
Lubin Idole de Lubin
Masque Copal Azur

Last edited:

karmaguy

Reaction score
Try Bruno Fazzolari Five. It’s an Eau de Cologne style with a long lasting flinty aspect.

I love Voyage d’Hermes EdT for hot weather.

+1 for Bruno Five
Slumberhouse Grev
Slumberhouse Kiste
MFK APOM PH
TDC Sel de Vetiver
Le Labo Santal 33
Lubin Idole de Lubin
Masque Copal Azur

Thanks for the reqs guys. Got some samples ordered, fingers crossed one or two work out for me

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orange Sanguine
This is a pretty good orange rind and cypress scent.
Not their best (I prefer Pomelo Paradis), but enjoyable

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered some samples Fromm le Labo- not a fan of everything I’ve tried, but the longevity is always outstanding

Which ones did you like? I Like this line a lot and think that The Noir 29 and Patchouli 24 are fantastic.

Today I'm wearing Vero Onda parfum. Dirty, smoky, earthy vetiver.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which ones did you like? I Like this line a lot and think that The Noir 29 and Patchouli 24 are fantastic.

Samples Ordered - [have yet to try some]
Bergamot
Neroli
Another (meh- it’s like a combination of fresh x industrial x paper)
Iris
Vetiver (I’m standing in a campfire)

Purchased
The Noir 29

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have half a dozen fruity fragrances that I wear only in summer.
AdP Fico d'Amalfi is one of them.
This one is not close to AdP Colonia or Assoluta, two of my favorite fragrances ever.
But, it has a nice blast of summer fruits in a fizzy package, great for a summer Saturday at the shore or, better yet, on the Amalfi coast, if you can swing it.

Figs obviously, plus apples, grapefruit and oranges, with a sweet jasmine in the center tying everything together. There is a mild cedar base. 3-4 hours, tops.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's a good place to buy Creed online these days? I want to buy some MI or Erolfa as my summer scent.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have the new Tauer limited edition?

Do you mean the Les Années 25? I find Tauer scents to be hit or miss. I really love some, but the others don't do anything for me at all. Unfortunately, Les Années 25 is in the latter category. I'm not sure what the cause of this is, but I find it somewhat musty. It definitely has a vintage vibe, although you wouldn't confuse it for something that's actually vintage. The top has a very big ginger note, which is not something I like. As it dries down, it becomes more pleasant, with benzoin and tonka bean becoming more prominent. There are floral notes listed, but I honestly don't get a lot of that.

Speaking of Tauer, though, I have to put in a good word for his new L'Oudh, which is a complex, challenging-but-not-too-challenging oud. It's quickly become one of my favorite oud scents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads