• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Chanel Bois des Iles EdT, for a chilly day. This is a fragrance that people will smell on me and note that I smell like an old lady, and that's fine with me because it's a warm, comforting, complex masterpiece.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wearing the new Vanille Fatale by Tom Ford. It's growing on me. When I tried it for the first time on Saturday, I was quite disappointed, largely because I expected something big and Tom Ford-ish like Tobacco Vanille. It's much more subdued than that, and it wears pretty close to the skin. But as I wear it more and more, I'm coming to enjoy the suede and slightly bready facets of this. I didn't tell me fiancée what I was wearing this morning, and she loved it. She had also been disappointed with it at first.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Melodie de l'Amour by Dusita. If you love gardenia, you have to try this.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Habit Rouge for me today (the original EdT). This one has taken a LONG time to grow on me, sort of like happened with Caron PuH. Both were fragrances I appreciated, could understand why they were considered masterpieces... but honestly never really liked all that much on myself. In the past year or two, though, I find myself wearing them more and more.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eau Suave by Parfum d'Empire. I've never given a lot of attention to this line, but I think I've enjoyed literally everything I've tried from them. This is a fantastic rose with raspberry and peach notes. I know a lot of people really dislike raspberry notes, but I almost always enjoy them, especially blended with rose. (Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer is another rose/raspberry that I love.)

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I quite like Creed's new White Amber... have you tried it @James1051

Yesterday I pulled out DZING! after not having spritzed it for several months. Really good fit for the weather... sunny and chilly (40-ish). Found the projection and longevity better than usual. Also found that whereas in warmer weather it quickly changes/morphs into so many different scents, in this weather yesterday it retained its weird leathery/foul/funky vibe for hours.

I always liked it, and still do... but yesterday it was in the "love" territory.

I think I'll do Traversee du Bosphore today.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RL Polo Double Black: Received this as part of a coffee sampler pack, but I barely get any coffee notes. It'a dry, woody, bergamot scent. Very, very, very subtle coffee grounds way in the back during the drydown. Kind of generic, but OK. Fleeting. Terre de Hermes strikes me as a better alternative.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yesterday: Tried a sample of Mirus Citrea, a local Bay Area fragrance brand. Nice vetiver, beachy-ish scent. I like it. Maybe not enough to buy a bottle though.

Today: Chanel Cuir de Russie. First time trying this too. I like it quite a bit, like most of the other Chanels.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom Ford Arabian Wood. This is one of those forgotten Private Blends. It's definitely one of my favorites. It opens very green, which I'm not a huge fan of, but from there it develops into a lovely waxy rose.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom Ford Arabian Wood. This is one of those forgotten Private Blends. It's definitely one of my favorites. It opens very green, which I'm not a huge fan of, but from there it develops into a lovely waxy rose.
I have a sample of this one laying around. It is quite rosy.

Today I'm wearing Comme des Garcons Blue Santal.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Profumo/Abdes Salaam Attar day for me, today. Wore Tabac at work, and this evening I've switched over to Milano Caffe.

The MC has the obvious espresso, patch and booze notes, as always, but tonight I noticed a slightly sweet and rooty iris in the base. Never noticed it before, but there it is tonight, clear as a bell. One of the fun aspects of fragrance--they all seem to shift a bit, from wearing to wearing.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing Tauer's Une Rose Chyprée today and from the description above, might not be a million miles from Tom Ford's Arabian Wood. I'm surprised that some people (on certain forums) seem to think the rose is lost in this one. It's not at all, it just comes on after the initial burst of dark pinewoods, citrus and spice - it is very much like I'd imagine a Middle Eastern forest to smell. It stays dark but the rose comes on very strong and oily. Finally, this starts to merge into a deep green patchouli feeling. It's really quite amazing but one that ultimately I think I'd like to smell on a woman more than on me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads