1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

^Good choice! I'll join you with L'heure Bleue.

2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

Having reminded myself of it the other day, I decided to go big and old school today with the original Tabac ...

3. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Distinguished Member

Byredo 1996. Lots of black pepper spice and lasts a long time. I love it but the woman in my family do not.

5. losrockets

losrockets Senior Member

And now it's warm again. Hermes Eau des Merveilles.

6. rach2jlc

Some good selections these days. So nice to see the HUGE range of scents being tried/worn on the forum in the last year or so. Also very humbling as the vast majority of them are now ones I've never even heard of... much less sniffed. I've got some work to do.

It's cold and wet today... so I'm thinking L'instant PM Extreme sounds just about right. This one, in all of its various forms (including the short-lived "l'instant d'un ete") has been a favorite of mine ever since it was released in the early 00's.

7. IsoE

IsoE Member

Penhaligon's Castile for the wet cloudy, but spring day today.

8. James1051

James1051 Senior Member

I'm wearing Jacques Bogart Furyo. It starts as an 80s fougere, w bergamot, lavender and oakmoss. But as the lavender fades, a civet note wafts up that joins the oakmoss in the base. Soon enough jasmine and and geranium come to the fore, as do amber and patch. And now you notice that this fougere has morphed into an oriental.

Its pretty big the first 2-3 hours, is Furyo; but it settles down soon enough. And as the florals fade, that oakmoss-civet-patch-amber base just gets better with time. Good thing, because it sticks around for a full day.

Have a great one, guys.

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

Some new ones recently:

I Hate Perfume's In the Library: Creamy, wet coconut in the opening, and somewhat linear throughout, but as the smell fades -- and it fades quickly -- this begins to smell like parchment paper. Some reviewers online say they get leather here, but I don't get that. A little like warm milk and parchment paper, with a bit of wood and vanilla in the background. It's nice, but incredibly fleeting, turning into a skin scent after about an hour. I think I'd like it more if it were so ephemeral.

Medittorosa's ID: I've been trying their Trilogy series, and while they're nice, there's a medicinal quality to them that I don't really like. This one is very warm and spicy. I get lots of cinnamon, wood, nutmeg, and labdanum. Fragrance makes me a bit nauseous after a while, but they have some nice looking packaging.

10. rach2jlc

Le Labo Rose 31 today. I'm admittedly very, very picky about my roses... this one is very good, but not great for me. I still like it very much, though.

I still pick vintage Patou JOY and Montale AOUD QUEEN ROSE, but still the Le Labo is worthy of a sniff.

11. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Yesterday I wore Dolce & Gabbana By Man. I've had a bottle for a few years because I bought it cheap but I say that this fragrance is overhyped - too strong of an synthetic aromachemical component in the top and midnotes.

Today I'm wearing something I haven't done so in a while - Yosh Sombre Negra. This smells like a cedar humidor full of cigars. Like a freaking hologram.

12. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Today I am wearing Chanel Bois des Iles EdT, for a chilly day. This is a fragrance that people will smell on me and note that I smell like an old lady, and that's fine with me because it's a warm, comforting, complex masterpiece.

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

I'm wearing the new Vanille Fatale by Tom Ford. It's growing on me. When I tried it for the first time on Saturday, I was quite disappointed, largely because I expected something big and Tom Ford-ish like Tobacco Vanille. It's much more subdued than that, and it wears pretty close to the skin. But as I wear it more and more, I'm coming to enjoy the suede and slightly bready facets of this. I didn't tell me fiancée what I was wearing this morning, and she loved it. She had also been disappointed with it at first.