• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today was Kerosine's R'Oud Elements, which I've probably had this sample for literally years and finally got round to using. Reminds me a lot of YSL M7. Balsamic, oud, sweet and a little spicey. Good solid projection for around 3-5 hours then a skin scent. Quite nice, especially for what was an indie line at the time. I'm not rushing to buy a bottle but it's definitely worth a try.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing a healthy dose of Guerlain Vetiver in the hopes to pick up any tobacco component, which I do not.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
with Michael Kors for men, if you can smell past the stewed fruits and honey wet sweet side, there's a dry raspy funky cigar leaf note in there, which is a similar note to the 'tobacco' I get from Guerlain's vetiver. It comes across to me as something dry and roughly textured under the greens and yellows.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This evening I am wearing Monsieur Balmain for a warm spring evening. This is a great lemongrass chypre.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore YSL Opium (the feminine version).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

with Michael Kors for men, if you can smell past the stewed fruits and honey wet sweet side, there's a dry raspy funky cigar leaf note in there, which is a similar note to the 'tobacco' I get from Guerlain's vetiver. It comes across to me as something dry and roughly textured under the greens and yellows.

I always thought of that one as a tobacco scent first, with the dried fruits complimenting. I had a bottle of it years ago, don't remember what I did with it.

Today I wore YSL Opium (the feminine version).

That's one of my sister's favorite scents. I bought her a bottle of the parfum for Christmas a few years ago.

I wore Philosykos today - scorching hot in LA today while it blizzards back east. I also just got a new decant of Musc Ravageur in the mail. I sprayed some of this on my arm at Barneys a few weeks ago and was reminded how much I love this one. I ran out a few years ago, glad to have it back in the rotation.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore Annick Goutal's Vetiver - an almost unnerving saline beginning which dries down into one of the best smoky vetivers. Very interesting fragrance.

This evening I am wearing Sultan Pasha's Nankun Kodō, which is in my top three favorites from this guy. Excellent opening of Japanese incense and anise with the dryness of hinoke wood. Very soothing.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TF Noir de Noir for me today. I had a strong olfactory image of this soon after I woke up, so I figured I should wear it.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
rainy day out so went with Dior Homme parfum. also rewore a shirt from a few days ago that had this sprayed on it so figured might as well refresh it instead of having the old scent fight a new one with my nose stuck in the middle.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can wear your jeans and chinos for years "untreated", but never your shirts.
(Kidding, I do the same.)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Une Rose Chyprée by Andy Tauer. It's a beautiful cinnamon, mossy, slightly citrusy rose. It's been a long time since I've worn this, but I've always enjoyed it a lot. (My favorite rose by Tauer is still Une Rose Vermeille, but I've been out of that for quite a while.)

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Cartier L'Envol.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today, I am wearing Dior Homme.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily