• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cotton/Linen pants recommendations

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
I grabbed two pairs in black and white from H&M. They have $20 pairs with awful-looking extra straps on the bottom of the legs, I instead went with the $25 pairs that don't have those.

I don't know, it might just be me, but the pair in white feels a lot more comfortable texture-wise than the pair in black for some reason. Not to say the black pair is uncomfortable, but the white pair seems to have this extra smoothness and softness.

100% linen, instead of a linen/cotton blend, so the wrinkles are definitely prevalent. I don't mind the look though.

sibro

Reaction score
I concur about the H&M pants. Picked up two pair earlier in the year: good fit, good price.

not to get too off-topic, but what type of shirts do you feel look best with the pants? I have a set of linen pants / linen shirt, but that just looks too "beach" for around here (there is no real beach and it is not a particularly tropical area).

I love to wear them shirtless, but obviously that limits the use.

Just can't seem to find my "happy medium" - frustrating!

JesterM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sibro
I concur about the H&M pants. Picked up two pair earlier in the year: good fit, good price.

not to get too off-topic, but what type of shirts do you feel look best with the pants? I have a set of linen pants / linen shirt, but that just looks too "beach" for around here (there is no real beach and it is not a particularly tropical area).

I'd like to know the answer to this also. Additionally what colors go best with white and off white linen pants?

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sibro

Most casual cotton shirts. Poplin would be good in the summer.

Agree about an all-linen shirt and pants combo. Disagree about going shirtless, Fabio.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesterM
I'd like to know the answer to this also. Additionally what colors go best with white and off white linen pants?

Go with something dark like navy for contrast. Boring, but it's classic and it works.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dw3610wm
It was more a figure of speech, but in the UK you can get pants for $2 on the sale at Primark, and as for 2k pants there are some I have seen for 3k+ usually couture items or some diamond buttoned, gold thread/linen/silk blend from Zilli. pants from Bijan would fetch far more than that too (given that ties are for $1000). But to answer the OP's question, your best decent priced cotton/linen pants are from Ralph Lauren (you can get a great looking pant all the way from the rugby label to the purple label depending on your fit and budget - but mostly the latter). Or just try high street; H&M has some great ones retailing now for dirt cheap - and given that white is easily stained, my suggestion would be not to splash out too much! Hope this helps.
I got those Polo Ralph Lauren linen/silk blend off ebay last year and they're real baggy. They're vanity sized too. I only wear them as sweatpants now because of how baggy they are. The purple label ones look nice and generally go for about $150 on ebay, but i don't know if i'd be willing to take the sizing risk again.

kruze

Reaction score
I saw the BR ones, not impressed. HM seemed better for less. Honestly, I just looked at BR's site because I have a 40% coupon and honestly am not interested in anything on there except this 4 pocket blazer/jacket thats $150. But compared to the EG jacket [birdshooter], not worth the price even at 40% off. The whole store is leaving me with a bleh feeling. J Crew on the other hand picked it up a bit and I have seen some linen pants at both regular store and outlet. Forgot the price though but they seemed decent.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Go with something dark like navy for contrast. Boring, but it's classic and it works.

+1. Can also do tan with the white ones. Light pink might work too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads