• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the heat in Sydney today: Atelier Cologne Trefle Pur. Almost FB worthy, but Idole Lubin and Memoir Man are ahead in the queue.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Luxor Oud
SOTD: Poivre Pecans (Hate to break it to the people at L'Artisan Parfumeur but I ain't smelling any pecans in there!)

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trufitt and Hill Sandalwood.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me today was ELDO Fils de Dieu. Enjoyed it. Like an Eau de cologne with some coconut milk in the mix. Sounds weird but works. Will return to this in Spring.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a full bottle of that. It is great for spring and summer, not quite so much for fall and winter.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L'Artisan's Caligna today. I underwhelmed, but I have a head cold, so my first judgment of Caligna isn't worth much, probably.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I meant to try that when it came out, but I never did.

I'm wearing Elixir des Merveilles today.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight, Habanita EdP.
Wow! even with a head cold, I'm enjoying this.
Leather+iris+ dirty musk.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eveningtime scent is Labdanum 18 by Le Labo. I applied more than I meant to, and because of that (I think) I'm picking up a castoreum note that's never really jumped out at me before. It really adds another dimension to this scent. I like it better than I did before.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CDG Blue Cedrat. a mneh scent for a mneh day.

I have a bottle of the CdG Blue Santal, which I wore yesterday and find it to be a "clean" sandalwood. The Cedrat was underwhelming to me as well.

Today: Tom of Finland - such a comfy scent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads